What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

davidm

Strata Poster
Don't think its a fast-track at all (either flavour),

The VIP flavour seems to be a "early ride" ticket (before park opening), on selected dates (yet to be announced), the standard ticket was just a entrance ticket + 1 ride ticket at any time in the season (plus certificates etc). Its just a bit of marketing spin, buy it for an Xmas present sort of thing - nothing to get excited by.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It's not a fast track. They had these boarding cards on sale at the PB before the season ended. I asked, and they said you still have to queue the normal queue, but you get a certificate afterwards to say you have ridden Icon.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Why would anyone pay £17 for one ride when you can get onto everything for about a tenner more? Rich people with time management issues?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Fairly sure I paid the same price as this thing for a wristband the other week.

All about the certificate I guess. One for the coaster crate.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Hang on then, does that price include entry to the park? If it does then that's not too bad. I thought it was just paying £16 to ride the coaster and get a certificate.

Lofty

CF Legend
Big Blue has a really high occupancy rate, surprising considering the cost of the place. It's mainly due to the fact that it's also used a lot for commercial/corporate occupancy as it's a really nice hotel within Blackpool, which is an irregularity.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Icon Construction/Out of Season Update 28/10/2017
  • Vertical construction has begun.
  • More track arrival.
  • A LOT of work progressing.
Video by Pleasure Beach Experience.

Temleh

Mega Poster
Icon is indeed vertical, and can be seen outside the park / off of Pleasure Beach property with a good lens! :)

fkePP7r.jpg

Y0iY9XZ.jpg

31Cew9v.jpg

VqwVWcj.jpg

Credit to Auto Ride Count for the photos!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is that the bottom of the Immelmann in the photo? I'm struggling to tell, I don't see how Wallace and Gromit TOM could be in the background from the angle the photo is taken from, if that is the Immelmann.

And it seems RCS is building the coaster, since the wagon and the crane in the photos has the RCS logo on it.

Last edited: