What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

It was definitely digging holes while I was watching it last Thursday, close to the Coasters cafe near Watson Rd.

2018BPBLaunchCoasterFactSheet.jpg

Where did this come from? It isn't on the Construction 2018 Website page, as the info is slightly different. Does anyone know the original source?

I'm being really picky here but the amount of times that graphic says "approx" really annoys me - just put the numbers up and say "all figures are approximate" in tiny writing at the bottom.

Another video of the BPB off season-

You can see lots of things going on around the park, and even the arrival of C2018 footers.

I'm just gonna call it that I don't think that fact sheet graphic is authentic from the park, look at the 'construction' typography, the rest has it in white, that's been edited badly in orange.

I'm just gonna call it that I don't think that fact sheet graphic is authentic from the park, look at the 'construction' typography, the rest has it in white, that's been edited badly in orange.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking

Are those actual, finished footers in their final locations, or just pre-cast concrete blocks delivered on site to be put into appropriate footer holes somewhere else later?

They aren't finished but those you see there are in their final positions. You can make out the ones for the final turn into the station.

That's the station and transfer track, which obviously need more footers for the structure etc., due to the way they're organised, they're definitely in their fine positions.

Lots of local news coverage about construction today. Going by the bright orange Formula 1 car in all the shots, I'm guessing a motor-racing theme.

I said as soon as I saw the initial video the orange and green and reference to the speeds etc made me think Aston Martin! This would tie in with the rest of the parks "best of British" approach with its last two ip's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't think too much into that car being there, I don't think it's gonna have a car racing theme - we can hope at least.

I wouldn't think too much into that car being there, I don't think it's gonna have a car racing theme - we can hope at least.
I dunno. It's in the construction area, matches the colour of the supports in the promo video, and has the BPB logo and Construction MMXVIII written on in large letters. At the least, I guess they're pushing the 'acceleration' aspect of the ride.

Nah that F1 car is just Amanda's preferred method of travel. So she can go faster than the peasants of Blackpool.

Meh, Race car launches are so Naughties, not at all original. I agree that Black&Orange works though, wasn't a fan of the Green either.