What's new

Best coaster name of all time

Kebab

Giga Poster
iSpeed; on the basis that the letter "i" placed before nouns and verbs are the new fad :lol:

Sam

Giga Poster
I've always thought Nemesis was a great name for a ride..... Kraken is very good too, I know that it's a name of a mythical creature that the ride is themed around so not exactly original..... but I like the idea.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I can't decide between "Golden Wings in Snowfield," "Fly over Mediterranean," and "Harvest Time." Happy Valley just has the best names!

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Although I think names like Oblivion and Vortex and those sort of "fear mongering" names
I have to say that Nemesis is my favourite, it just rolls of the tounge
And you can shorten it to Nemmy :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Nemesis is the best in my opinion. It's exciting and intimidating, and because it isn't used very often, even for many non-coaster-nuts, the word conjures up an image of the ride, which is great PR for Alton :lol:

Naemuti

Mega Poster
metalhead7 said:
X (can anyone else name a coaster named after a letter?)

Well, I guess X:\ No Way Out sort of counts. :--D

I like the name El Toro a lot myself. The coaster really rides like a bull, especially at night. It's good imagery. American Eagle is another name I really like, not sure why.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Im surprised no one has said Dueling Dragons yet. That was an awesome name. Now it's called Dragon Challenge and the awesome entrance has been replaced with a very bland archway. Sad face :(