What's new

Ankara, Turkey | Wonderland Eurasia | Theme Park

Efan

Mega Poster
Does anyone have any information about the opening of this park? It's meant to be opening in a week and no-one seems to be talking about a park with 17 roller coasters! (Though most of them look pretty bad)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was under the impression this entire thing was a money laundering scheme... Is it not?
Oh yeah, no doubt.

Whether it'll open or not, is a different question. :p

Dar

Hyper Poster
Found this article saying the local municipality has got the park on a 29 year lease and they've changed the name from Ankapark to... “Wonderland Eurasia” (I think, Google Translate isn't the best at Turkish), and they're still due to open on the 20th with Erdogan being there and the opening presentation will be in multiple languages. Only 2 and half days till we find out!
http://www.hurriyet.com.tr/yerel-haberler/ankara/ankaparkin-adi-degisti-41151890

Lofty

CF Legend
Really interesting - I just can't see this working out, at all. The locals absolutely hate the idea of the business and without their support, it just won't work.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I wouldn't want to go to Turkey anyway? Hairy arms make me really uncomfortable if I'm honest.

TilenB

Strata Poster
65572714.jpg

Found this photo in a local news article about Erdogan's comments on how he will 'return Australians back in coffins'.

And here's a more relevant article from the source of the photo (although without any photos);
https://www.reuters.com/article/tur...-in-ankara-amid-safety-concerns-idUSL8N2162LK

So I guess we can FINALLY de-sticky this topic?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Critics say the park suffers safety problems and that the prolonged delay to the formal opening meant the safe lifespan of many attractions had already expired, posing risks to visitors.

The Ankara office of the Union of Chambers of Turkish Engineers and Architects (TMMOB) said it had examined public photographs of the park which showed rust on roller-coasters and issues at the foundation of other attractions.
Yay, I guess?

And on that wonderful note - destickied. :D

I look forward to seeing how this park gets on. Or doesn't...