What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just to clear something up - CF was invited but I couldn’t make it. Going to launch party on Friday though and very much looking forward to riding it!

Last edited:

zazobo

Hyper Poster
^ Actually, it was more the fact that he was blatantly slagging Merlin off online through his channel and he worked for them. He was sharing facts and secrets about the park/s which is absolutely against confidentiality agreements in the Merlin contracts.

Plus, apparently he 'left'. It's more a case of 'invited to leave'.

Uuuups. Did always wonder how he travelled so much and kept an employer happy!

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
I wouldn't' about -1 I have been on the RollerCoaster (Streak) when the track was covered in reasonably deep snow. So long as it has been bedded in well -1 shouldn' cause any big problem'.

Pear

Strata Poster
IMG_20180316_150901.png

Matt N

CF Legend
Well this ride is actually bloody fab and ferocious just got to ride it now. It's fab!
Fantastic news! I've got two questions to ask, if you wouldn't mind answering them:
  • Where would you rank the ride compared to Alton's other coasters?
  • Where would you rank the ride compared to other GCIs?
Sorry to hound you with questions as soon as you post on here, but I'm just interested to know.

EthC

Mega Poster
I think it's Alton's 2nd best coaster behind Nemesis and I think that was the general consensus with quite a few I spoke to.
As terms of how it ranks of gcis I think Joris Blue and Wodan are my join favourite and then probably this and then Joris red and then ghost rider referb if you wanna count that. But nah the passing through the wickerman is fab and the first drop, first airtime hill and downward s-bend is by far the best part of the ride with the unbanked turn around is the weakest part although it still does take it with a lot of pace. Overall I'd say it's a really good ride and one you should go with low expectations cos it will exceed them. Its great in most rows although Ian preferred it in the front and Chris Brown preferred it at the back so it's just personal preference haha but yeah great ride :)

Matt N

CF Legend
I think it's Alton's 2nd best coaster behind Nemesis and I think that was the general consensus with quite a few I spoke to.
As terms of how it ranks of gcis I think Joris Blue and Wodan are my join favourite and then probably this and then Joris red and then ghost rider referb if you wanna count that. But nah the passing through the wickerman is fab and the first drop, first airtime hill and downward s-bend is by far the best part of the ride with the unbanked turn around is the weakest part although it still does take it with a lot of pace. Overall I'd say it's a really good ride and one you should go with low expectations cos it will exceed them. Its great in most rows although Ian preferred it in the front and Chris Brown preferred it at the back so it's just personal preference haha but yeah great ride :)
Great stuff!