What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
They theoretically could but they won't.

Literally go to 1:40 in the video

Where he says a train won't send a train if one is on the free running track, that could just mean that they won't operate 2 trains in one block. The free running track could include the station to the top of the lift. If you have the smallest amount of common sense, you would know that there would be no point in running 3 trains if this is the case, and the coaster would still be perfectly safe.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
Where he says a train won't send a train if one is on the free running track, that could just mean that they won't operate 2 trains in one block. The free running track could include the station to the top of the lift. If you have the smallest amount of common sense, you would know that there would be no point in running 3 trains if this is the case, and the coaster would still be perfectly safe.

A lot of the public don't have a lot of common sense when it comes to rollercoasters though unfortunately, especially when it's regarding a coaster at Towers. And he does say there'll be one in the station, one behind it and one on the free running track, so going by this they won't have more than one train on the track at a time. Hopefully he just means a train won't be allowed to leave the lift hill when there's another one on the track, but this video wouldn't suggest that. Maybe they just have 3 trains to ensure there's always a full train ready to be dispatched when one hits the breaks? It would increase the capacity a bit from having 2 trains as Towers don't seem to have the most efficient staff.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I still reckon that this will really surprise people on the 17th! Those who have ridden say that it's a good roller coaster with some really good pops of airtime and some good forces!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I only won the race because I woke up at 6am annoyingly, planned on a lazy morning but never mind haha.

Not totally sure when Towers plan to release anymore on ride footage, but I would imagine as we get closer to the weekend we'll see more footage released.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
With all these media events going on, and every two-bit dweeb with a vlog being invited to go and ride the thing, I'm just curious; how come nobody representing CoasterForce has been asked to go along?
Have we upset 'em or sumat? Are we not worthy? Or have I just missed something?
What gives?

Ben

CF Legend
With all these media events going on, and every two-bit dweeb with a vlog being invited to go and ride the thing, I'm just curious; how come nobody representing CoasterForce has been asked to go along?
Have we upset 'em or sumat? Are we not worthy? Or have I just missed something?
What gives?

I mean, we stopped putting any effort in and didn’t keep relevant with changes in the way the internet works which doesn’t help.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
I imagine they're also very aware of people on here calling Merlin out on their bull****, and know no one's going to go and blow smoke up their arse. Not that I think anyone else is doing that but the likes of TPW are always going to be kinder in their assessment even if it's not very good.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I mean, if you were Towers' marketing department, could you really say no to inviting someone to a press event when they have 96,000 subscribers on YouTube and 20,000 likes on Facebook? Basically free marketing considering the event is already going ahead too.

Haven't watched any of the videos because I like to avoid any onride footage of new rides I may end up going on. But it'll be interesting to see how the reviews are this weekend when the masses and never-pleased enthusiasts descend...

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Actually, it was more the fact that he was blatantly slagging Merlin off online through his channel and he worked for them. He was sharing facts and secrets about the park/s which is absolutely against confidentiality agreements in the Merlin contracts.

Plus, apparently he 'left'. It's more a case of 'invited to leave'.

Will

Strata Poster
I know I've pointed it out before, but I feel like this isn't the first time I've seen this advert.
Except the effects were better and the production values higher in 1994...