What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I thought the white noise was quite good actually, mainly because it achieved its aim of making me feel a bit creeped out. Even if the end product is gonna be completely the opposite.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
It reminds me of patronising ****e we had to watch in infant/junior school back in the eighties.
For those who remember I wanted them to to do the "magic magic e" on screen for the runes.
Christ the eighties children subconsciously influenced on drugs!!!!!

addy2503

Mega Poster
Anyone going to consider the awfully loud sort of white noise at the end of the video? It's probably there for a slight creep factor but it does seem rather strange.
This is what the noise at the end looks like on a spectrogram:
a8ced435fb051d2c892cf4d6b18e3897.jpg

scw55

Hyper Poster
Just a little bit cringe-y, but...
They are new to presenting and their script is awful.

They worked hard to make it decent. But yeah, awful script and it showed they struggled with it, especially with the lady.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
think I've found a picture of the queueline theming arriving..

http://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*6rHh_CIlfekWe_CrvXJyQA.png

I thought the shipping container joke had died, clearly I was wrong :/

Given that the last time Merlin used a shipping container as part of an attraction was back in 2012/3 (I think...Zufari's queue has a dressed up shipping container somewhere, but can't think of any since?), I think it's safe to say that phase is well and truly dead..

Robbie

Hyper Poster

Given that the last time Merlin used a shipping container as part of an attraction was back in 2012/3 (I think...Zufari's queue has a dressed up shipping container somewhere, but can't think of any since?), I think it's safe to say that phase is well and truly dead..
That's partly because they haven't actually added many attractions in the last 4 years, but there was the two hotels they built at Thorpe almost entirely out of shipping containers!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Ghostbusters at Heide Park. This year. You're welcome.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ This. Plus DBGT is practically an oversized container with a mediocre facade covering the corner of it. Although I hate them, I low-key want them to continue doing it just because it's so laughable and pathetic.

scw55

Hyper Poster
As mundane yet interesting this development is, I am ashamed at how much I check this thread for updates. There isn't really anything mysterious to speculate. I'm genuinely interested in this coaster.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I dunno what to think about this. I tend to like GCI's rides but InvadR was a bit... Lacking in oomph? I get it's clearly a family ride, but there are better coasters out there aimed at younger audiences. It's bounding seemed... Uninspired? I don't know. I don't mind this not having a decent drop as long as it picks up speed (kinda like how Nemesis manages it), but I'm sooooo skeptical. :(

Lightning Racer, Thunderhead, Joris, White Lightning, Renegade, Apocalypse and Wildcat are all really good imo.