What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Sandman

Giga Poster
Bless that height. Nice to see the work develop so quickly, though. And although I'm still skeptical about this project, riding Heidi at Plopsa last weekend has given me a fraction of hope in that SW8 can achieve the same modest amount of fun. Please Merlin, don't market this as earth-shatteringly thrilling!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The funniest thing about The Onion-style articles is the people thinking it was legit.
Though tbf if anyone was gonna theme a coaster to snorting ketamine it would be Merlin.

EthC

Mega Poster
19989004_1407676245988062_536529848_n.png

Another angle from towers street. Its kinda weird seeing this emerge from the trees but in a good way. I am starting to get a little more enthusiasm for the ride now. I'm surprised how much it does kinda stick out, but then I think it is cool that it does!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well, would you look at that? I definitely didn't think you'd see it from anywhere on Main Street - that's pretty cool.

Rob 92

Roller Poster
The photo was taken from the right hand side of the lawns towards CBeebies Land. If it had been correctly sourced from the off then it would have been far easier for people to find out!

:)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
That's from the lawn in front of the lake, Lord Morton's link is pretty close, but a bit further away. Seriously, you guys not got better things to do than be wrong about where a photo's taken from? :confused:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^BECAUSE FROM THE RIGHT ANGLES THIS PROJECT IS ACTUALLY INTERESTING! :p

@davidm isn't far off, but I think it's taken a little further back with a longer lens. You can see the grass in the image posted, meaning I think this position is a little more likely.

https://goo.gl/maps/Pi8CQfXDcHo

That's in the middle of the lawn, so **** knows what that's technically called. I might suggest Main Street. See, I was right all along.