What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1st

Good luck to any website that goes the extra mile with trying to get exclusive photos of rides. The TTF aerial photos are a joy to behold, although I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't hire an Apache Gunship for some infa-red images too, but hey, can't have everything eh?
I'm with you though Ian, I would rather the secret element remain secret up until I ride it....this day of age though, that's very unlikely and such a shame.

To be honest, I really appreciate the effort they've taken to provide us with these unique shots. Anyway...

Are any of the hotel guests allowed on park for a walk like they used to? I'm heading up to Splash Landings early January for a bit of fun, so I could grab some shots while I'm there.. If not, I'm sure I could ask Alton for a sneak peak?

Screaming Coasters said:
Really? So it doesn't work like music? I thought it comes under the same creative rights law like music.

If I was to post a song in a public forum like Youtube, or here or anywhere, I lose all rights over it unless there are things in place to protect it. Does that not apply to pictures? Can I really be sued for using a photo with no legal documents behind it?

No, I thought not.

In legalese speak, public domain images are creative or original works not protected under intellectual property laws.
Source: pdimages.com

These images aren't even licensed under creative commons, which you can easily get online for a very small fee.

You may be shocked to find out that once you post on these sites, that although you still “own” the photograph, you grant the social media sites a license to use your photograph anyway they see fit for free AND you grant them the right to let others use you picture as well!
http://www.nyccounsel.com/business-blog ... r-twitter/

Some of TT's photo's lay on Facebook too, for subscribed members only. However, by posting on Facebook, they've granted Facebook and its public to freely distribute and edit as we please.

I'm not sure if I fail at anything to be honest with you, Idlewild.
Music recordings are not covered by the Berne Convention and are pretty much the only things that aren't.

According to the Berne Convention You don't have to put a copyright notice on a work or register it to qualify for copyright.

Not being under a licence does not mean a work is in the public dormain. A work is not placed in the public dormain until 70 years after the authors death.

Posting something on YouTube or Facebook may be subject to the licence agreement of these sites, as this is a contract you can sign away these rights.

You should not assume that because something is posted online or under a licence that it is not under copyright.

Welp, I learnt something new. Thanks for the infos. I always understood it to work the same as music, which from the links I pulled up, it does. Cool!

So now we've gotten over this for the third time, anything new?

TT's owner is reportedly rather wealthy so these helicopter shots will be done with ease. The site traffic is probably generating more than enough advertising revenue to pay for the flights anyway.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

How much of the queue will be indoors? Merlin has usually been great with there indoor section theming so i've got high hopes for the inside decour.

This was posted on the TT facebook earlier:

Towers Times said:
An exclusive ground level photograph of the SW7 progress taken today will be uploaded at 6:00pm as an early New Year’s gift to all the TowersTimes followers and members!MI7 will be in the air again very soon, the weather unfortunately hasn’t been on his side to get clear aerial shots.

Like them or not, we should be seeing something new soon :)

Here it is:

31-12-12.jpg

And I didn't see it on TT, so don't come hunting me down!

Despite it being built by a manufacture many people say they hate, you have to admit that this is looking pretty cool. I can imagine head-choppers galore!

Not to seem ungreatful but considering vertical construction is meant to be a fast process, i'm a little dissapointed with this image compared to the one taken 11 days ago. Hopefully because of christmas construction did slow down a bit, but will speed up indefiently now to get that opening date. And I suppose we can't see everything in that one image...

Liking the coaster so far, lookin rather sexxi. But now...lets get this damn thing built!

I've just noticed that this has a track lenght of 3,838.6ft, which is around 600ft longer than Takabisha, and that thing is HUGE!

I'm hoping for some promo material soon from AT at it's New year's and people will be thinking about what to do in the year ahead.

Also thinking. Could the world first be something to do with the lift-hill mechanism... and then AT realised it was something the GP wouldn't really 'get', so they morphed it into a record because it could be one and would then be more interesting. Like how stuffing many straws in your mouth impresses even the most cynical of humans? Something like a really fast lift-hill?

^I was about to say, where the hell is the lift hill going on here, there doesn't look much space at all. This rollercoaster is going to be a sexy twisted mess of track!

Looking over the recent image towerstimes posted on their facebook page, I saw a connection on one of the supports of the batwing roll that could give more light as to what will happen in the building. If the plans are as they show, this portion where the connection is, should be indoors in the curved area of the building.

Hiddenconnection_zps0dc35c7b.jpg

Original image by towerstimes. http://towerstimes.co.uk/

Unfortunately, I think that's a label on the construction fence in the middle ground.

Interesting to see what's happening in the pit, especially when it's not shown on the plans!

Kebab said:
^I was about to say, where the hell is the lift hill going on here, there doesn't look much space at all. This rollercoaster is going to be a sexy twisted mess of track!

The Coaster needs a lifthill to carry it upwards :p

It can be really short like 40ft but drags you really fast up it. Can still be told it's the "fastest lifthill in the world". A sensation of being dragged suddenly upwards. Think of it as an 'assisted launch'. Just brainstorming here. No concrete fact to base this idea on at all.

The world's fastest elevator already goes 40 mph and apparently no one thinks those things feel like launches. For thatkind of experience it is mainly the acceleration needed instead of the final speed.
But if the lift does reach 40mph in 40ft it will be a 1.2g launch...

and yes the speed does compensate for height, while it seems that there are still some people not realizing that coasters do not have a speed of zero atop the lift.

Dar said:
Unfortunately, I think that's a label on the construction fence in the middle ground.

Interesting to see what's happening in the pit, especially when it's not shown on the plans!

I thought it was something stuck to the fence as well, so I asked my brother to have a look. Like me, he thinks it is part of the support that connects to the track. But we will see in time what the indoor layout of this ride will be. Hopefully not too long though.

I think that there is what looks like a strap or ring wrapping around the support where label-thing is. It could just be an illusion?

It's NOT for the indoor section of track, that's obvious from the height of the track below it that's an outdoor section of track.

Status
Not open for further replies.