What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Rust Into Pieces, Corkscrew.

Well, a lot of people have said that the removal of those rides "will open up a pretty large space". Anyone know about how large? A Mega-Lite is about 150-200 by 30-40 meters. I know it's way to unlikely for AT, but it's nice to have anything to compare to.

I highly doubt they would put to Intamins right next to each other, bt hey, I'm forgetting Forbidden Valley with Air and Nemesis

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
NASHER said:
If Ugland is due for a retheme, what is to become of RITA. The theme is mismatced at the moment, I don't think that even the GP could ingnore it if it was prehistoric drag racing in the gloomy forrest with classic power rock soundtrack.

You seem to ignore the possiblity that it may not become 'Thunder Rock Rally' overall...

I got no news, management guy didn't turn up, so no talk or mickey-talking for us :roll:

And why must people ALWAYS ask for Mega-Lites now? I highly doubt a coaster of any major scale would fit in Corky's current spot anyways, they'll expand backwards or sideways if they're gonna add like that... Flats will be a much better idea as always in my view...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Sorry, I said MegaLite as that is the only coaster type I can imagine the size of right here and now. I still remember how big Piraten is, and all I was looking for was bigger/smaller than.

But now, Alton has an Invert, a DM, a Spinner, a Launched, a Flyer, a kiddie and a Mine Train. Many parks doesn't have more than one of these types present (bar the MT and kiddie), but now Alton has no traditional Looping Sit-Down coaster.
*thinking a bit*

Nope, I'll accept it, I have no influence over the park's future, nor do I know what they are thinking/smoking over there. If they choose to not have a sit-down inverter, OK.

NASHER

Roller Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
You seem to ignore the possiblity that it may not become 'Thunder Rock Rally' overall...

I'm merely assuming this could possibly be the theme, as it was one of those concept art designs leaked, and includes a new robo arm flat, as well as a coaster.
Post number 123. Well I thought it was cool anyway.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Don't look at me, I wasn't the one that thought they'd have one, I said I highly doubt they would put 2 intamins next to each other like that. :shock:

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
I firmly believe it will be either a fmaily coaster or a couple of flats, I'm thinking KMG Afterburner or Gyroswing and maybe some upside downy thing :lol:

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I reckon the Ug Swinger that is moving, will relocate to Corkscrews position leaving room to build the wood down the hill where Swinger used to lay.

Mit deLuxe

Hyper Poster
Well if you remove Corkscrew and UgSwinger(?) you don't have a lot of space for a large coasters and no way near enough space for a mega-lite. I can honestly see a larger version of G-force at Alton Towers! However what I would like to see would be a B&M Floorless. Now imagine a Floorless version of Nemesis...<3 it!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Insane said:
Well if you remove Corkscrew and UgSwinger(?) you don't have a lot of space for a large coasters and no way near enough space for a mega-lite. I can honestly see a larger version of G-force at Alton Towers! However what I would like to see would be a B&M Floorless. Now imagine a Floorless version of Nemesis...<3 it!

Thats why Ug Swinger is moving. The land behind that is the valley where the supposed Wooden coaster is going.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I'm merely suggesting it as a possibility. It does seem too obvious, but I can't see any other logic with Alton carrying out these drastic changes. Until anything else comes to light, I'm sticking to my guns.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't think Ug Swinger and Corkscrew are both being removed to make way for a new coaster, because of how far apart they are.

Corkscrew will leave up a large plot of land, but big enough for even a small wood? I... don't think so. I think Alton's own words sum it up, they didn't say thrill ride, roller coaster... anything like that, they said muti million pound investment, which could be a roller coaster but why wouldn't you market it as such?

I don't think Erol is talking complete tripe, because Ug Swinger is well out of the way at the back there... Behind it is a plot of land on the edge of the valley, big enough for a station and new area to be built.

There is too much against a woodie for the valley though - noise and how many trees would have to be removed are the main ones. If they put a coaster through there, it's gunna have to be unintrusive.

And, it suprises me that they havn't thought of using a less intrusive ride type for the valley (that we've heard about) before, which makes me agree with UC... It's not happening.

Ollie

CF Legend
Aren't they moving Ug Swinger to another area of the park?
I'd love to get Boneshaker back though (even though it's in bits). :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
There's a lot of land area to build into around Corkscre, much more than people think and it's where John Wardley has been out marking trees - they're also due a new coaster - so I think it's pretty certain there will be a coaster around there.

As UC says though, nothing will be above the tree-line, so you're looking at something which can operate off a low hill.

I doubt very much the valley woodie will happen, but perhaps they will use some of the land going into the valley? There's a lot of cleared space behind Ug Swingers at the top of the valley they could use.

The biggest problems I can see:

1. Rita is in the bloody way.
2. How much of Corkscrew's space would be used if they have a low lift hill AND use the Ug Swinger space.

However, this is Alton Towers, kings of being impossible to second guess, so why even try :lol:

marc

CF Legend
The could dig in the area though just like they did for Nemesis and Oblivians drop. Its the only way they are going to get a coaster that has any type of drop.

But I agree Rita is right in the way.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Plans change, times change, ride types change...I don't really believe that Alton would've stuck with the same plan for the past half-decade in an attempt to FINALLY get it all done.

They stuck with the Air concept for 8 years and the Dive Machine concept for around the same as they were both John Wardleys ideas.

Mark

Strata Poster
I was going to say, isn't that exactly what Alton Towers would want people to think.... that they wouldn't cling to a plan.

As we all know they are quite masterful at throwing people off the scent and keeping plans as hidden as possible.

I still think a woodie in the valley is as possible as it ever was. Bear in mind that no decision was ever made in terms of planning permission because Alton withdrew the plans. You never know, stranger things have happened at sea!!! (That would place the station just behind Rita towards the valley through the ground of the Ug Swinger possibly?????)

I'm keeping an open mind on all of it since we have all been wrong before and second guessed incorrectly...

marc

CF Legend
Like a prat I thought you were talking about a post code SW6 which is Middlesex lol.

Just read it, I think it would be wrong to charge extra to visit the Sea Life Center.

I also think the type of rides they are talking about are a bit wrong. Why would they get a ride like Baco when they have Rita right there.

But I do have a nasty feeling the woodie wont happen and it will be yet another Euro Fighter :(

The other thing it could be is the new B & M ride which will be shown soon. Alton seem to like going for new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.