What's new

Parc Astérix | Toutatis | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Peet

Giga Poster
I don't know what to point to specifically but to me it's just a meh. The elements seem like they're dragged out more than they need to be so it's lacking something.
There's always one 😅.

This thing's going to be great. I've already suggested to the Mrs that we take the kids to Disneyland Paris next year and ooh it would be a shame not to drop in to Parc Asterix too!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I don't know what to point to specifically but to me it's just a meh. The elements seem like they're dragged out more than they need to be so it's lacking something.
Always nice to see differing opinions on things, although I have to ask, which elements seem drawn out to you? To me, almost all of the elements seem to be mostly rapid-fire ones in quick succession.

Lofty

CF Legend
The ONLY, literally SINGLE part that I'm not massively sold on is the first inversion. It's merely just a taste thing - I detest hangtime and it looks full of it. It just jars in the flow right from the get go.

Apart from that, the rest of the coaster looks insane. That final launch through the trough will be obscene.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The ONLY, literally SINGLE part that I'm not massively sold on is the first inversion. It's merely just a taste thing - I detest hangtime and it looks full of it. It just jars in the flow right from the get go.
I'm hoping it rides more like the first inversion of Pantheon, or the first two on VelociCoaster: slow rolls but very playful with both the hangtime the way it moves you around. Not like gross hangtime you get on a jojo roll.

What I also like about those moments is that they start out at a slower pace before ramping things up for the rest of the layout. So I don't think the flow will be too affected here. If it were at the end of the ride, that'd be a little awkward.

bratcurry

Mega Poster
Always nice to see differing opinions on things, although I have to ask, which elements seem drawn out to you? To me, almost all of the elements seem to be mostly rapid-fire ones in quick succession.
Everything before the second launch has a weirdly slow and dull pacing apart from the first roll. I like the second half better (there's also a weirdly slow overbank-hill and following curve) but the first half seems so weirdly drawn out to me, that it's just a meh considering everything.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Everything before the second launch has a weirdly slow and dull pacing apart from the first roll. I like the second half better (there's also a weirdly slow overbank-hill and following curve) but the first half seems so weirdly drawn out to me, that it's just a meh considering everything
Tbh I think the first half of supposed to be paced like it is, acts like a bit of a warm up. Personally I quite like snappy transitions when mixed with more graceful ones, makes the snaps pop!

As for the overbank/wall stall in the second half, it’s designed to give sustained floater so again, designed that way. Obviously you’re entitled to think it’s meh, but the design is intentional.

NALTOHQ

Roller Poster
I picked a good time to come back to coasters. I ADORE Taron and this looks mental. If I ever do get to go to Europe to go to Efteling, Walibi, Liseberg, and Phantasialand, Parc Asterix is definitely going on the list too. So many amazing coasters... so little time... :(
But there's no to mope about what could be. Life's too short for that. :)

-NIck

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm hoping it rides more like the first inversion of Pantheon, or the first two on VelociCoaster: slow rolls but very playful with both the hangtime the way it moves you around. Not like gross hangtime you get on a jojo roll.

What I also like about those moments is that they start out at a slower pace before ramping things up for the rest of the layout. So I don't think the flow will be too affected here. If it were at the end of the ride, that'd be a little awkward.
Yeah agreed here - those initial inversions of VC are so well executed as slower inversions; healthy amount of hangtime, while not lingering for too long.

As I am still trying to process my rides on Turbo Track at Ferrari World - I am also very curious on how the backwards airtime will be on the swing launch. Would be great if that catches unsuspecting riders with some negative g’s!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks great! It has the best moments of Pantheon but adds more (extra airtime hill, bonus inversion, trench, etc). I suppose the only thing Pantheon will have over this is the terrain usage with the drop off the top hat, and of course the lack of trim, but it already goes quite slow over that so it'll be interesting to see how it compares with Toutatis.

I just noticed this has a Gerstlauer style "drop out of station into launch," which I find very awkward on rides like Novgorod and Lynet. Intamin seems to handle it a little better based off those POVs, so I'm hoping it feels okay.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I think if Pantheon took its second half with more pace, to give that outer-bank more bite, it may be ‘at least as good’ as Toutatis but as it stands, I think Toutatis has the edge on paper from having more back half elements.

Always hard to tell though… the Phantom’s Revenge admirer in me says that ‘less’ can be more. But then, the Steel Vengeance admirer in me reminds me that more is definitely more.

You also can’t ignore the swirly green lights in the rock work at the start. I love it when rocks do that 😍

Hutch

Strata Poster
Always hard to tell though… the Phantom’s Revenge admirer in me says that ‘less’ can be more. But then, the Steel Vengeance admirer in me reminds me that more is definitely more.
Think it's all about pacing. Pantheon definitely feels like it's missing something and it doesn't help that the outerbank is a little too high. Phanny is a good example of a short ride but done right but it's constantly throwing you around and hauling ass until the end.

Toutatis definitely seems like more of a complete ride and appears to end at the right spot before getting too drawn out.

Projektion

Mega Poster

Back row too!
I hate to add to "#Speedgate", but I'm not sure how much I trust this YT Channels povs given the sudden speed up at 1:25.

Nonetheless, I'm really liking how Toutatis is running, especially how little the "anticipation stall" seems to affect the pacing. I'm really hoping I can make it to Asterix this year