What's new

Walibi Holland | RMC Raptor | 2025

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Allllllright then. Walibi's Raptor will no longer open on the 30th of March 2024, as was mentioned in the leaked memo from last spring. Opening is now slated for early 2025. However, there is also some positive news... (drumroll please)
It will be a unique layout, with  two different coasters! One will be a high thrill layout with at least one inversion, while the other will be a more family friendly ride. Whether or not it will be a dueling coaster remains to be seen, Walibi really could do with a good dueling coaster so I wouldn't be surprised.

I for one am getting really excited about this now, awesome to see Walibi getting what will probably be the first Raptor in Europe. Only thing I'm worried about is the capacity, wondering what numbers can be reached with two layouts running. Bring on 2025😃😃

Source

cookie

Giga Poster
In related news, WH wants to add more family attractions in the coming years, including a Plopsa-style indoor area situated between the main park and the camping grounds. There aren’t any details to share, but an expansion of the camping area that would include the indoor park is planned for between 2026 and 2029.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A proper family coaster is desperately needed at the park. Drako and Eat My Dust are more geared towards the lower end, and the park's other coasters are all towards the higher end of the family-thrill / extreme scale. A good, fun-for-all accessible family coaster is perfect for the park. Couple that with a more intense version ticks the boxes nicely.

An extra year to wait for opening is a bit of a bummer, but not too much of an issue when the park is still investing.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Wait, two RMC Raptors? Gosh, that'll be a thing, then. That would make Walibi Holland the only park in the world with three RMC's!
Eat that, Magic Mountain. 😁
Six Flags Magic Mountain isn't the only park with two RMC's yet, Six Flags Fiesta Texas also has two RMC's, Iron Rattler and Wonder Woman.
So leave also something to eat for SFFT ;)

cookie

Giga Poster
While the raptor's not happening in 2024, W.A.B Plaza (the area surrounding Speed of Sound) is getting a refurb that year to bridge the gap.

cookie

Giga Poster
Walibi Holland’s managing director confirmed that the two Raptors will be placed in the space in between Goliath and the rest of the park, south of Condor. The path that dead ends at Goliath will finally be connected back to the rest of the park after twenty-plus years.

Also, maybe it’s time to remove the ”rumor” from the thread title? The Raptors have been officiallly confirmed by the park.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
This might not mean anything, but with RMC listing a "coming soon" international raptor, could we possibly start seeing marketing for these rides before the year is out?

Nice spot, wouldn't be surprised if we see some cheeky teasers at this year's fright nights events. Maybe not too dissimilar to what Thorpe did for Exodus with those posters. Interesting to see three raptors in the works, do we know anything about the other two?

Nice spot, wouldn't be surprised if we see some cheeky teasers at this year's fright nights events. Maybe not too dissimilar to what Thorpe did for Exodus with those posters. Interesting to see three raptors in the works, do we know anything about the other two?
I reckon the States could be a Six Flags park or a smaller independent park, kinda like how Silverwood added theirs. I would love the international one to be in the UK but I reckon a European or Asian theme park.

Jared

Hyper Poster
I reckon both international Raptors are the ones for Walibi Holland. Didn't they say that they wanted two different layouts, one aimed at a family audience and another one for thrill-seekers?

One of them is listed as a custom raptor international and the other is just raptor international. I doubt that Walibi Holland would be buying one of the standard layout raptors, so surely this could be two separate projects? As in the custom one is the two track ride for Walibi and the other is a standard raptor going to another international park?

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
One of them is listed as a custom raptor international and the other is just raptor international. I doubt that Walibi Holland would be buying one of the standard layout raptors, so surely this could be two separate projects? As in the custom one is the two track ride for Walibi and the other is a standard raptor going to another international park?
Yeah I'd think so. I think these are just Raptor projects, not individual coasters/layouts.