What's new

Ankara, Turkey | Wonderland Eurasia | Theme Park

JoshC.

Strata Poster
A textiles company? I think the writing is on the wall already then...

Am I doing this pun thing right?

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is an interesting tour of the abandoned park, it’s a shame they are not selling off the rides to other parks but I guess that would mean the government is admitting this project was a failure. I cannot see this place coming back, it looks like it will cost millions to get it fit for a reopening.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Here is an interesting tour of the abandoned park, it’s a shame they are not selling off the rides to other parks but I guess that would mean the government is admitting this project was a failure. I cannot see this place coming back, it looks like it will cost millions to get it fit for a reopening.

So sad to see so many coasters & such a park left to rot

Niles

Giga Poster
So the park might have a reopening in the far future, but not as a theme park.

From the 23-24 July Ankapark opened its doors to citizens of Ankara so they can see its current state and give their feedback on what should be done with it. Over 40,000 suggestions were collected in the first 24 hours with most people wanting it to be turned into a green space so far.

Second came the idea for the space to be used as a zoo while sports area or entertainment area were also brought up. In the article it states that a decision is expected to be made public soon on the parks future.

I think this is just the people in charge trying to save themselves a bit, but I do wonder what the future of this park and the rides will be.

Here is the link to the survey if you want to have your say 😁 https://forms.ankara.bel.tr/ankapark

Source

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
The story of this park is unbelievable. It started as one of the most ambitous theme park projects ever, and within just a few days, the whole things turned to s**t . Not only that half of the coasters were never even opened, but the rest of the park closed just a couple of days later under very dubious circumstances.
Really a shame, that such a project never got the chance to take off, and now it is just a deserted place.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I wonder what might happen to the coasters? There’s a lot of barely used ride hardware that could be a good fit within many theme parks! Some of it, such as the Intamin 10 looper and Intamin family launcher, is quite high quality ride hardware as well!

This park is a perplexing tale, though. Wasn’t it only open for something like 3 days? And wasn’t it supposedly very busy during the time it was open?