What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Thanks for the update.

This coaster could be dumped in a car park and have not even a shed as a station and still be one of Europe's best by its looks. I genuinely think this will take the throne of best of its kind, at least in Europe.
Agreed completely!! Easily looks like it could be the best in Europe

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Wow! Looks awesome! Nice to see Walibi going all out! Do we know who’s doing the theming? Could this be Universal Rocks?

I thought that it was Jora Vision, since they already did Tiki Waka, Fun Pilot, Popcorn Revenge, Exotic World and Karma World.

There is also circulating a possible name for the megacoaster. But the guys from Themepark Magic promised to discuss this rumoured name in their next video, so I'm gonna give that credit to them. Although I also believe that Walibi Belgium is going to reveal the name next week.

Exciting times ahead!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'm sorry for the bad language, but this is ****ing obscene:

EF5WMfo.png

Khaki .....the coaster!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Themepark Magic posted a new video in which they reveal the possible name of the megacoaster: Mata

It means 'eye', but apperantly, Mata is also a four-headed monster with 100 legs that has lost a battle near a river. Funny detail is that the megacoaster is located next to a river.
Can't find anything on that four-headed monster :p

Varnonth

Roller Poster
Can't find anything on that four-headed monster :p

It's a mytical creature of celtic folklore, or thats what I found after a quick Google search. The eye reference is an Indonesian translation, so I doubth this will be it.

I rather hope it will be called as 'Shaman' ore something, Just some kind of African medician man/voodoo creatures... Mata is something I can't really link with something African. We'll see!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
It's a mytical creature of celtic folklore, or thats what I found after a quick Google search. The eye reference is an Indonesian translation, so I doubth this will be it.

I rather hope it will be called as 'Shaman' ore something, Just some kind of African medician man/voodoo creatures... Mata is something I can't really link with something African. We'll see!
Mata also means eye in multiple African languages (but that monster won't be the origin, as it is indeed Celtic)

Discovery Mountain

Roller Poster
I thought that it was Jora Vision, since they already did Tiki Waka, Fun Pilot, Popcorn Revenge, Exotic World and Karma World.

Sadly is not Jora Vision. The company was involved in Popcorn Revenge, Aqualibi (renovation), Exotic World (including Tiki Waka), Pulsar and Psyké Underground but not in Fun Pilot and the exterior of Karma World (only the dark ride).

The coaster is looking great, I can't wait to try it next year!

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Jesus Christ almighty this is looking good, definitely a reason to visit the park next year! As for G data who cares, really who f*cking cares just go and ride the thing when it opens ffs

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Is this a chain lift? I can’t see the guide track for the chains return underneath??? It’s very clear on Hyperion.

Scratch that, I see from other images it definitely is, will be interesting (to me at least ?) to see how it returns underneath through the supports.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Is this a chain lift? I can’t see the guide track for the chains return underneath??? It’s very clear on Hyperion.

Scratch that, I see from other images it definitely is, will be interesting (to me at least ?) to see how it returns underneath through the supports.

You can just about see the return path in this picture, it sticks really close to the bottom of the track
118251032_783315109164414_864712136042602994_o.jpg

From this set from a few pages ago: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...24551290142&set=pcb.783317022497556&source=48