What's new

What are some of the best hangtime coasters?

rob666

Hyper Poster
Icons first inversion, especially early in the day, drops you right out of your seat.
And if you are tall, you can touch the track beneath you from the back left seat of each car.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd agree with Icon as a really good hangtime coaster. I'd also nominate The Swarm and Galactica, and I'd actually say that Mine Blower's first inversion is an excellent moment of hangtime; it literally feels like you're rolling through it in slow motion, in stark contrast to the rest of the ride!

If I'm including coasters I haven't ridden, I'd also say that Copperhead Strike's hangtime looks pretty amazing!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Mine Blower’s inversion is a great break from the relentless, non-stop intensity of the rest of the ride — I recall feeling quite a bit of hangtime, amplified by the lap bars as opposed to over the shoulder restraints.

Nick13

Mega Poster
I rode Karnan at Hansa Park for the first time this weekend. Having avoided watching any POV’s since it opened, the indoor section at the end took me by surprise and had some pretty extreme hangtime in the inversion!

emoo

Hyper Poster
That one bit on Wild Fire at Kolmården is lovely, also another vote for Full Throttle.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
"Best hangtime" seems like a bit of an oxymoron.

Hangtime is gross.

Oxymoron - that's the word I was trying to think of!
If the title was 'Grossest Hangtime Coasters' then that would make more sense.
But anyway, how about those Premier Skyrockets? That slow, inline twist at 100ft+ in the air is mega gross, but for me the grossest of the gross was Flash: Vertical Velocity at SFDK. That's the one where the angle of the forward spike was lowered to about 35° or sumat daft like that, meaning the gross hangtime is even grosser than usual.

ISUweatherman

Roller Poster
Monster is fantastic and is at my home park! Most overall hangtime i have ever experienced on a rollercoaster!Hangtime was fun however,a little disappointing compared to Monster in my personal opinion.

Last edited: