What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Pear

Strata Poster
They've got quite a bit of land cleared. It goes all the way out to Beast!

FB_IMG_1556432067844.jpg

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
See, now THAT is a post containing actual concrete evidence of a giga, unlike the previous track update which didn't show the unique cross ties.

Let me put this out there now: I, as well as @Snoo, @tomahawk, and all the other naysayers, are probably wrong about Kings Island's coaster...probably. I say probably for two reasons. First...while this is almost certainly a giga coaster, it's not out of the realm of possibility that B&M is commonizing some hardware among their large scale coasters (dive machines or maybe 250+ foot tall hyper coasters). Second...this is very likely going to Kings Island...but just because there's a large amount of land clearing going on does not necessarily confirm that Kings Island is the destination. I know @roomraider has laser vision over in Asia and would likely post any solid news he can, but what if some unknown park in China was building a giga coaster? Let's get some actual proof, like site plans filed at the clerk's office or track on site.

With that being said, we'll probably see some painted track sections show up at Kings Island in the middle of the summer...but let's PLEASE wait until that happens to start shouting "GiGa CoNfIrMeD" like everyone and their mother has been posting since a staff member wrote "giga" in the snow last winter.

Snoo

The Legend
See, now THAT is a post containing actual concrete evidence of a giga, unlike the previous track update which didn't show the unique cross ties.

Let me put this out there now: I, as well as @Snoo, @tomahawk, and all the other naysayers, are probably wrong about Kings Island's coaster...probably. I say probably for two reasons. First...while this is almost certainly a giga coaster, it's not out of the realm of possibility that B&M is commonizing some hardware among their large scale coasters (dive machines or maybe 250+ foot tall hyper coasters). Second...this is very likely going to Kings Island...but just because there's a large amount of land clearing going on does not necessarily confirm that Kings Island is the destination. I know @roomraider has laser vision over in Asia and would likely post any solid news he can, but what if some unknown park in China was building a giga coaster? Let's get some actual proof, like site plans filed at the clerk's office or track on site.

With that being said, we'll probably see some painted track sections show up at Kings Island in the middle of the summer...but let's PLEASE wait until that happens to start shouting "GiGa CoNfIrMeD" like everyone and their mother has been posting since a staff member wrote "giga" in the snow last winter.

FIRST OF ALL, I NEVER SAID IT WASN'T POSSIBLE! Just this year.. :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
That more or less settles it though doesn't it? Obviously not 100% but seems pretty likely given the track spotting and that huge clearing. I've said this before, but no matter what goes there, I just hope that they spruce up that area behind Racer. It was by far the ugliest area of the park when they just had an off-the-shelf Vekoma and Premier-in-a-box. Knowing Cedar Fair, they should be able to work up a decent plaza around the B&M.

Can't wait to see all the fanboys turn on Fury during opening weekend.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Much to our chagrin, the stars are aligning. It'd be quite an exciting addition, but it'd be a bit deflating knowing that the hyper-fanboys got lucky with their baseless reasoning.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not saying that this is or isn't a giga, but looking at the station track, you can see that there are brackets for 8 restraint unlocking mechanisms, for an 8-car train, much like Fury and Leviathan. The Hershey Park hyper only has 7 of these brackets, but we already knew that would only have 7 row trains. I know this doesn't mean much but it could support the KI giga rumour, considering the others both have trains of the same length.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So can we tell whether this is a dive or not? I have no idea that they would make a giga dive (but some mentioned it earlier) but I seem to remember people saying that you could identify dive track?

TLARides

Hyper Poster
So can we tell whether this is a dive or not? I have no idea that they would make a giga dive (but some mentioned it earlier) but I seem to remember people saying that you could identify dive track?
Why on Earth would they make a 300-foot Dive Machine?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The track pieces have a serial number starting with MC, meaning it is either a hyper coaster or giga coaster. Dive coasters have track serial numbers starting with DM (for 8/10 seater models) or D6 (For 6-seater dive machines). :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
B&M's product lineup calls out one model - mega coaster - for any sit down coaster with lap bars, regardless of height, train configuration, or track profile. You'll see MC as the code for both Hollywood Dream sized rides and Fury sized rides.

You guys. The giga dive machine is a joke stemming from people making fun of Amusement Insiders' baseless Yukon Striker claims.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
B&M's product lineup calls out one model - mega coaster - for any sit down coaster with lap bars, regardless of height, train configuration, or track profile. You'll see MC as the code for both Hollywood Dream sized rides and Fury sized rides.

You guys. The giga dive machine is a joke stemming from people making fun of Amusement Insiders' baseless Yukon Striker claims.
Lol I don't pay attention to that AI stuff and was hoping it was a joke so, good. I should have phrased it like "so can we dispell the giga dive myth?" haha!

Last edited: