What's new

IAAPA 2018

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Apparently it was on RMC's Twitter and everyone think it's legit.
bull****
Anyone with an once of common sense will know its fake. RMCing Grand National wouldn't even be possible as its a listed structure and its physically impossible as it hasn't got concrete foundations. To build an RMC there you would have to start from stratch.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
bull:emoji_poop:
Anyone with an once of common sense will know its fake. RMCing Grand National wouldn't even be possible as its a listed structure and its physically impossible as it hasn't got concrete foundations. To build an RMC there you would have to start from stratch.
Thank god for that. Considering I've only now really forgiven Blackpool over mouse, I think I really would have hated the park management if it was true.

On a different note, echoing everyone over the Steel Curtain trains. They do look nice but those seats cannot be comfy and don't like the minimalist look of the exposed seat backs.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yeah...RMC doesn't have an official Twitter. It's fake.

I have been following along all day at work and this seems to be the most exciting IAAPA in a while. It's probably because @Snoo has been relaying everything virtually in real time! I'll have a lot more comments to add regarding what's been revealed thus far once I'm home from work.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Dammit, they revealed The Drunk Riders' headquarters! Looks like @Snoo, @tomahawk, and I will need to relocate...

Alright, the biggest surprise thus far has been GCI growing a two-foot anaconda and floppin' it on the table for everyone to look at. Those Infinity Flyers are a welcome revolution to their current Millennium Flyer rolling stock - they maintain the nostalgic aesthetic while appearing to improve drastically from a technology perspective. My main gripe about the Millennium Flyers has always been the angled lap bar - something that was remedied with the new trains. The seat also looks comfortable and fairly open air as well. Their concept...on the other hand...it certainly looks like Mike Boodley is no longer consulting for them anymore because he scoffed at the RMC craze four years ago...or maybe they all just saw the writing on the wall and realized that they have a business to run and they better start innovating if they want to compete with the likes of RMC and The Gravity Group. I hope somebody actually wants to buy one of these concepts from them.

Kentucky Flyer's train is completely adorable on the outside, but it's insanely technical underneath. I absolutely love it.

The Chance train - I'm looking forward to hearing more about this (hopefully more news is coming over the next couple days)...if it IS actually going to Nick Universe...I hate it when I'm wrong :p

Steel Curtain trains - Love the exposed design and I love the minimalist look. They look clean, yet quite technical...but my God the Steelers branding completely ruins them.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Plot twist if GCI are remodelling Gwazi instead of RMC. (Yes I know the layout isn't gwazi, but it shows what they could do with it.) Would be cool. I have a feeling that they might be cheaper than RMCs so that could make sense.

Love that model though, think it looks nicer than an RMC. There I said it haha.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Yes yes yes, all this stuff is great BUT DID ANYONE SEE THE PROSLIDE FUSION?! AHHHHHHHH!! (If you haven't, it's a giant bowl ride, twisted on it's side so it's like an overbank, and I'm actually in love)

Pear

Strata Poster
It's actually a Whitewater but I agree the bowl is really cool

image0.jpg