What's new

The Maccy D's Thread.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Apparently, if you use the toilets in McDonalds, with a fake promise that you'll buy a burger afterwards, it's known as going for a "mcs*it with lies"!

Smithy

Strata Poster
Had the grande big mac the other day.

Meh.

Went to get a junior mac ealier for a snack. £2.29!?

2 Mayo chickens for 99p instead ta.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
After being sold out on 2 occasions, the Grand Big Mac was in danger of becoming my worst spite, but I finally got my hands on one today.
Uhm... yeah, it's just like a regular Big Mac, only bigger. Not sure what else I was expecting to be honest. Thicker beef, maybe? Dunno.
Meh.
The Mega Mac was better. Everything normal size, just 4 burgers instead of 2.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Wasabi fries. I'm struggling.
b4eb1cd4de3c2d1a2fcff1fc616998b0.jpg

peep

CF Legend
That sounds lethal.

The most over-powering taste thing I've had at a MaccyDs is a pistachio McFlurry in Italy. There is a thing as too much pistachio and that was it.

Also today sees the start of Monopoly here in the UK, time to collect lots of little stickers.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just look at the care and precision that Chef Nic personally puts into each and every burger.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Bolognese in a burger is actually great but that looks a bit awful. Did you try one?
Yeah, it was alright really. I was expecting the bolognese to be sloppy and messy, but it wasn't.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
My new favourite thing; Big Tasty with bacon but - and this is the clever part - you get them to swap the Big Tasty sauce for Big Mac sauce.

Bangin'. :)

lachlan

Mega Poster
I always order the same thing because it's the only one I can eat: 5SGD veggie burger meal. Makes ordering much easier, no "hacks" involved!

Our McDonalds still has an old fashioned counter so most of these hacks won't work.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
i listened to a podcast that explained how their fries were AMAZING until 1990 and then they had to start cooking them in vegetable oil, which means they've tasted since cardboard ever since. It makes sense, because I remember them as being delicious but I'm disappointed when I eat them now. Most people under 40 have never had real McDonalds fries.

The podcast is called Revisionist History and is generally excellent. This episode was a good one.

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/19-mcdonalds-broke-my-heart

Robbie

Hyper Poster
i listened to a podcast that explained how their fries were AMAZING until 1990 and then they had to start cooking them in vegetable oil, which means they've tasted since cardboard ever since. It makes sense, because I remember them as being delicious but I'm disappointed when I eat them now. Most people under 40 have never had real McDonalds fries.

The podcast is called Revisionist History and is generally excellent. This episode was a good one.

http://revisionisthistory.com/episodes/19-mcdonalds-broke-my-heart
I'm fairly sure UK fries have always been made the same way, it was the US recipe that changed in 1990. It was to make them vegetarian-friendly but it turned out they're still using beef flavouring anyway.

Snoo

The Legend
Wait.. this is a thread? How have I not seen this?

Also.. how on GOD'S GREEN EARTH DO YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY EAT THAT ****HOLE CALLED MCDONALDS??!

images

sandgrown

Mega Poster
I'm fairly sure UK fries have always been made the same way, it was the US recipe that changed in 1990. It was to make them vegetarian-friendly but it turned out they're still using beef flavouring anyway.

We've never had the good fries then. Apparently, it was the fries that got the company bought in the early days, not the burgers.