What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Pear

Strata Poster
The airtime hill looks great but I wouldn't get my hopes too high for the launch. It is a Mack launch after all and they aren't exactly the most powerful.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I think they could at least get another train onto the first launch, if the top hat is considered a point-of-no-return?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's not just that. Blocks work in such a way that a train can only advance if the track is clear in front of them. The blocks are usually divided at points where the train is able to stop(in this case, the end of the launches). So that means after the station, launch one is a block, followed by the first bit of track AND the second launch. So unless BPB wants to have trains idle before the first launch, they can't dispatch until the second launch has been cleared. And on top of that, the second half must be completed and clear the initial brake run before train one can get to the second launch, or else it'll abort the launch. While the thought of launching two trains at each other is cool, the lack of an MCBR makes that impossible.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Dar

Hyper Poster
But if the train can't get back over the top hat and immelmann once it's past, the block can be considered "clear-ish" and the next train can move onto the launch, like TTD and Kingda Ka. So the train could be launched towards you, then once it's cleared the immelmann, you can be launched. That way, if the train stalls in second half, the second launch will hold the second train, won't launch, and the system is safe.

Temleh

Mega Poster
But if the train can't get back over the top hat and immelmann once it's past, the block can be considered "clear-ish" and the next train can move onto the launch, like TTD and Kingda Ka. So the train could be launched towards you, then once it's cleared the immelmann, you can be launched. That way, if the train stalls in second half, the second launch will hold the second train, won't launch, and the system is safe.

That is exactly how Icon is going to work. It has a pre-launch block, so as soon as the preceding train clears the Immelmann it will launch.

Reactions: Dar

Lofty

CF Legend
Our very own @Temleh has posted this on Facebook.

26992047_1190938697732783_3787875528516722445_n.jpg

That support tho.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Steeplechase takes up such a ****ing massive area, I hope that we see a future major investment on that site; something which will benefit more from it. Maybe Mack could design something to interact more precisely with Icon and Dipper ;)

Smithy

Strata Poster
That hill straight out of a launch omfg.

Honestly though, that and the launch into a half loop aside, this really doesn't look all that for me.

spicy

Giga Poster
^Agreed other than those two highlights, the layout really doesn’t look all that.

However when combined with all the different ride interactions, head choppers, tunnels etc. It’s awesome.

Kind of like Nemesis needs it’s pit for the full experience. This needs the Pleasure Beach.