What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Really can't remember now, but has Pleasure Beach Express been re-routed around the Big One/Big Dipper area?
Definitely no re-route :) I'll probably be going to film another update video sometime over the weekend, hopefully they'll be working on it over the weekend.

Matt N

CF Legend
May I suggest you take up a hobby that's more interesting? Maybe crocheting or watching paint dry/grass grow, either/or ;)
But I personally like and enjoy TPW's videos! Anyway, on a more on-topic note, how much more track needs to be installed before the thing is done?

Lofty

CF Legend
It was a joke, calm down :)

So they still have to install the inclined loop, the following overbooks into the Go Karts area, the curve above Steeplechase, the inline loop and dive into the second launch. Oh, also, the first launch itself. So in essence, they're half-way corrected, sorry, I mean complete.

Rumours have it that they're around 3 weeks delayed.

Matt N

CF Legend
It was a joke, calm down :)

So they still have to install the inclined loop, the following overbooks into the Go Karts area, the curve above Steeplechase, the inline loop and dive into the second launch. Oh, also, the first launch itself. So in essence, they're half-way corrected, sorry, I mean complete.

Rumours have it that they're around 3 weeks delayed.
I know it was a joke! So they're delayed? Oh dear. I reckon we could now be seeing a May opening for this.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
The track could realistically be finished before the start of the season, I just don't see them taking 3 months between track completion and opening for a coaster that doesn't have masses of theming to be done.

WhollyRudeTech

Roller Poster
May I suggest you take up a hobby that's more interesting? Maybe crocheting or watching paint dry/grass grow, either/or ;)

I think the GP would say the same about us, this forum could fill up with 100’s of posts when Amanda is seen getting a mousetrap at B&Q all claiming this is her way of saying Mouse is back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
For those who don't have Facebook:-
FB_IMG_1516451632596.jpg

toofpikk

Mega Poster
The comments make for an interesting read, apparently the ride can go up to 60mph if the wind requires it to, which if true, is very interesting. Does this mean 48mph is the minimum launch speed?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
The fact that this has lapbars and inversions is enough to get excited about imo! UK first? (Edit: apart from g-force) Haha

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
The comments make for an interesting read, apparently the ride can go up to 60mph if the wind requires it to, which if true, is very interesting. Does this mean 48mph is the minimum launch speed?
Yeah, I think this may be the case. The minimum required speed to make it through the layout and in turn, the most 'constant' or 'regular' speed it will go?

The fact that this has lapbars and inversions is enough to get excited about imo! UK first? Haha
Apart from G-Force?

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Yeah, I think this may be the case. The minimum required speed to make it through the layout and in turn, the most 'constant' or 'regular' speed it will go?

Apart from G-Force?
Oh yeah forgot about that haha. But it's still a considerable deal I think just based on that. A launch with lapbars etc.