What's new

Your worst spite

snes2

Roller Poster
Falcon's Fury in BGT has been done for a few weeks so it's looking like i'll be spited by it end of the month.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This year my 2 most anticipated coasters that I would be riding were El Toro and Lightning Rod, El Toro was closed the duration of my visit, and I’m going to Dollywood for the first time in a few days, and it does not look like Lightning Rod will open any time soon. Also, Tonnere de Zeus was closed when I went to Parc Asterix. Other than that I have been pretty lucky though.
Me if that had happened;
giphy.gif

My condolences man.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
You're not missing much, in my opinion.

Are you kidding? Volcano is bad ass, man! Best coaster at KD for me, loved it. I didn't even know it had 2 launches til I rode the thing, so the second one really 'got me'. :)

*Sorry Zek, Epoch was probably just trying to make you feel better for being spited... but yeah. Volcano rocks.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I did a Griswold a couple of days ago.

I’m on a two-week coaster road trip, and when I planned it all out and booked everything, of course I checked park websites for their announced hours for the given dates. However, when I actually pulled up to the gate of Worlds of Fun, I found the park closed. I checked their park website and they’d switched to a weekend-only schedule. How nice of them to change their minds.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I did a Griswold a couple of days ago.

I’m on a two-week coaster road trip, and when I planned it all out and booked everything, of course I checked park websites for their announced hours for the given dates. However, when I actually pulled up to the gate of Worlds of Fun, I found the park closed. I checked their park website and they’d switched to a weekend-only schedule. How nice of them to change their minds.

Aw man, that sucks right there, not a bad little park, but my main issue with that is... what on earth are Worlds of Fun doing switching to weekends only in the middle of August?? Schools are out in KC, right? Weather is lovely? What gives?? Are they broke or something? Baffled by that I am.

Anyway, the important thing is, did you get to try Joe's BBQ? :)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Aw man, that sucks right there, not a bad little park, but my main issue with that is... what on earth are Worlds of Fun doing switching to weekends only in the middle of August?? Schools are out in KC, right? Weather is lovely? What gives?? Are they broke or something? Baffled by that I am.

Anyway, the important thing is, did you get to try Joe's BBQ? :)
The plan was never to stop in KC except for the park (just the way the itinerary suggested itself). As the next day was always going to be really tight with both Adventureland and Arnold’s Park scheduled for the same day, I decided to just break it up, and I did AL one day and Arnold’s the next.

As for the schedule at WoF, it does strike me as an amazing decision for late summer, but when I was in Missouri for SDC, several workers said the park had been slowing down because the kids are back in school, so maybe round these parts they go back really early.

Still, they have to know that if they put out a calendar schedule for the season, and then radically change that schedule mid-season, they’re going to be really screwing over some people.

Spited by Expedition GeForce yesterday. That one was particularity raw. Still managed to have a lovely day at Holiday Park, but nothing can fully take away that slightly sick feeling you get when your main reason for journeying all the way from England is closed :(

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Spited by Expedition GeForce yesterday. That one was particularity raw. Still managed to have a lovely day at Holiday Park, but nothing can fully take away that slightly sick feeling you get when your main reason for journeying all the way from England is closed :(
Ah man that happened to me last year too, it was closed for a few days to repair the cable. Really gutting but I presume you've got Europa Park on the same trip to cheer you up?

Out of interest do you know the reason it was down? Bit worrying if this is happening potentially a few days a year. It definitely puts me off revisiting if I'm in that part of Germany again.

Ah man that happened to me last year too, it was closed for a few days to repair the cable. Really gutting but I presume you've got Europa Park on the same trip to cheer you up?

Out of interest do you know the reason it was down? Bit worrying if this is happening potentially a few days a year. It definitely puts me off revisiting if I'm in that part of Germany again.

Sorry to hear it mate. I tried to ask some employees, but the only explanation that I got was that the ride was “kaput”.

Sadly it was the last day of the trip, quite a bitter note to end the trip on. Did manage to do Toverland, Phantasialand (both with huge queues) and then a three day music festival, followed by Holiday Park. Driving all the way from London and on the way back now. Did try to convince my friends to go to Plopsaland today as I’m the one driving, but as GP after three parks, a festival and all that driving sadly they were too knackered :(

Expedition GeForce looks too good to miss though. I will have to make the mission once again at some point, won’t be for a couple years now though :(

Matt N

CF Legend
My number of genuine spites has now gone up to 3:
  • Saw breaking down at Thorpe Park during school trip season after I'd queued 2 hours for it (July 2018)
  • G-Force was closed all day at Drayton Manor (August 2018)
  • Valhalla was closed all day at BPB (August 2018)

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I’ve been quite lucky really, nothing horrendous. I think the one that’s annoyed me the most is Matterhorn Bobsleds at Disneyland - that was down for refurbishment on both my 2012 and 2017 visits to the park. It’s quite a significant coaster, and one I’ve always looked forward to riding even well before my first spite, so I guess I am kinda bitter about it.

Another one that was a bit annoying was Freischütz at Bayern Park, since it’s the only interesting ride in the park and it’s a bit out of the way, even in Europe. That was quite a ‘meh’ day.

The only other ones of note really are Vertical Velocity (SFDK), Pulsar and Monstre (La Ronde).

I’m still yet to miss a real hyped-up bucket list quality coaster *touchwood* (I know the day is coming...)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Sorry to hear it mate. I tried to ask some employees, but the only explanation that I got was that the ride was “kaput”.

Sadly it was the last day of the trip, quite a bitter note to end the trip on. Did manage to do Toverland, Phantasialand (both with huge queues) and then a three day music festival, followed by Holiday Park. Driving all the way from London and on the way back now. Did try to convince my friends to go to Plopsaland today as I’m the one driving, but as GP after three parks, a festival and all that driving sadly they were too knackered :(

Expedition GeForce looks too good to miss though. I will have to make the mission once again at some point, won’t be for a couple years now though :(
That is really rough. Did you hear it was down before you entered?

I think that’s the one park with the one ride for which if I heard the coaster was down, I wouldn’t hesitate to leave immediately and find something else to do for the day.

James F

Hyper Poster
It's not a coaster, but I queued for Nemesis sub terra and it broke down. Each time I went to AT after it was closed.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

That is really rough. Did you hear it was down before you entered?

I think that’s the one park with the one ride for which if I heard the coaster was down, I wouldn’t hesitate to leave immediately and find something else to do for the day.

Yeah they had signs on the gates but we’d already bought tickets online. So gutting driving into the car park and not seeing any trains going up the lift hill. I had driven there for pretty much EGF alone, so yeah it sucked.

I understand why you wouldn’t bother if you didn’t already have a ticket. Fortunately there were quite a few attractions that I hadn’t experienced before at Holiday Park, like the Sky Rocket ii or the Gerstlauer Sky Fly. So it was fun to experience those. They have a nicely themed log ride there too. Couldn’t take my eyes off EGF all day though. I’ve added some Park employees on LinkedIn. So I’m going to attempt to ask them if EGF is likely to be out of operation for long. It would be gutting if it had as much down time as something like Colossus at Thorpe Park