What's new

Your worst spite

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I've only had one spite - the Jimmy Neutron cred at Movie Park Germany.

I also didn't realise that Flamingo Land didn't let adults on their Go Gator, even with kids, so it felt like a spite.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've just returned from an amazing coaster road trip and out of 124 creds, I was spited by two but one of them was El Toro at SF GAdv which I'd wanted to go on for a long time and Volcano the Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion. But considering how many creds I did get, that's pretty good going to be honest :)

Pear

Strata Poster
I was spited out of Colossos at Heide Park last year. I knew it would be closed but it still hurt to see it standing there just dormant. Hopefully I'll be back next year to try it out.

Also got spited out of Big Loop but don't really care about that.

Bathtub Gin

Roller Poster
I've had very good luck over the years- biggest one was only Superman Ultimate Escape at SFWoA. No big deal, as I have V2 at my home park. I have a feeling that is going to be topped by Volcano when I go to KD late July.

Edward M

Strata Poster
While Hong Kong Disneyland remains my biggest spite, being spited by Tatsu hurt pretty bad. As a big fan of flying coasters, it looked like the best within reasonable distance.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
On SFNE goliath:
If it spited you with the old trains then yes, but if it's with the new trains you're better off just riding one of the clones instead.

Either that, or it may be less painfull to have root canal treatment on every tooth, without anaesthtic!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Front row Goliath was fine, admittedly I didn't try any other row so I was lucky but I've ridden much worse creds in my time.

Got spited by Screaming Eagle(?) at SFStl recently, didn't care really, I generally don't get spited by the good ones #touchwood

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
On my most recent trip I didn't get on superman the ride (bizarro) as unfortunately they enforced the height maximum ( 6'4) even thought I could easily get into the test seat

They also didn't let me on the Joker there but I was able to go on the duplicate with the same restriction at SFGA

Pear

Strata Poster
Was spited by Impulse at Knoebels about a week ago. They sent the lift motor out for maintenance in June!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Was spited by Impulse at Knoebels about a week ago. They sent the lift motor out for maintenance in June!
Same.

Out of the whole trip my worst spites were Sky rocket at Kennywood (had a control panel fire???), Volcano (been down for ages apparently and not as good as the hype apparently also) and Impulse. Goliath at SFNE and Wildcat and Lake Compounce as well. That's about it really, so not too bad, avoided any super savage ones. (Is goliath that bad? I enjoyed the one in madrid.)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Goliath's trains make it awful. The older Vekoma ones were so much better.
Ah Ok. I had heard that it had 4 person across ones which just sounded weird, like they'd over-engineered it. Maybe that's why it goes down a lot?

Pear

Strata Poster
It's also because they're made by Premier for some reason. The ride always goes down and I don't think it's ever been open at the start of the season. I'm waiting for the park to remove it and put a raptor there.

Pear

Strata Poster
Seeing Valkyria test for 2 days was sad, and it seems like my bad luck continues. Gonna be looking at a closed Lightning Rod in 2 weeks :(

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm quite lucky in that I actually haven't had that many spites in my time as an enthusiast. The main ones I can think of are:
  • Saw at Thorpe Park breaking down after we queued 2 hours for it during school trip season (July 2018). Thankfully, I had ridden it two months prior, but I don't know about anyone else in my group.
  • Only getting 5 of the 8 credits at Busch Gardens Tampa, although that was down to my family hating the place and wanting to leave ASAP rather than the park's fault (August 2016).
  • Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park breaking down before we were going to join the queue (May 2018). Again, I had ridden this before.
Other than that, I'd say I've been quite lucky.