What's new

Your worst spite

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^My sister told me that she met someone who runs TTD and he said it should be up and running before the end of the season. That's good!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Sequoia Adventure at Gardaland.
Don't think I'm missing much and I probably would have hated it but I've never done a screaming squirrel and would have liked to have got the +1. Not overly bothered about it though.

davidm

Strata Poster
Currently being horribly spited by Leviathan @CW. Down all day and they have now said closed for the evening. I fly home tomorrow :(

I do have a plan B for the morning, but we'll see...

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
Holiwood Nights June 2, 2018...They held us in the picnic "Cage" 45 minutes past the time we were supposed to be let out. Ran to Voyage, was in line for the back seat - second train out when they shut it down (lightning) for a long enough time to say I'll never go back. Sucks because it was dark, brakes were off, and I brought my sunglasses for extra dark, Indiana craziness. There were other things that made it suck even more, but me and the kids decided to bail completely and drove to Carowinds the next morning. Finally got to ride Fury, so there was a bright side.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've been relatively lucky when it comes to spites. The only notable one I can think of is Kingda Ka when it was closed for the majority of 2009.

I was spited by Canyon Blaster in Las Vegas back in 2006 due to track welding and Full Throttle last summer...not really crying over missing either though.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Holiwood Nights June 2, 2018...They held us in the picnic "Cage" 45 minutes past the time we were supposed to be let out. Ran to Voyage, was in line for the back seat - second train out when they shut it down (lightning) for a long enough time to say I'll never go back. Sucks because it was dark, brakes were off, and I brought my sunglasses for extra dark, Indiana craziness. There were other things that made it suck even more, but me and the kids decided to bail completely and drove to Carowinds the next morning. Finally got to ride Fury, so there was a bright side.
That’s horrible.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Currently being horribly spited by Leviathan @CW. Down all day and they have now said closed for the evening. I fly home tomorrow :(

I do have a plan B for the morning, but we'll see...
Ugh. Did you ever get on? Have you been on it before?

More importantly, did you experience the full majesty that is Dragon Mountain?

davidm

Strata Poster
^ not yet - think it's the last North American B&M I need too - the credit anxiety is very real. Going back in the morning before I fly home.

(And yes Dragon Mountain was fab. It is by no means a good ride in any way at all, however I kinda loved it for all its many faults)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
^ not yet - think it's the last North American B&M I need too - the credit anxiety is very real. Going back in the morning before I fly home.

(And yes Dragon Mountain was fab. It is by no means a good ride in any way at all, however I kinda loved it for all its many faults)
The last North American B&M hyper or the last B&M?

I hate credit anxiety. When I’m spited I have to work overtime to tell myself to let it go, but it’s much harder when you’ve traveled very far. And it’s the worst when you think it’s unlikely you’ll ever make it back to this place.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow morning!!

Glad the Dragon, at least, gave you what you wanted. I’m looking forward to it much more than makes sense.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Spite hit me today, was supposed to get to ride Slinky Dog Dash for test and adjust at Hollywood Studios but the ride went down around noon and they cancelled the rest of the previews for the day.... But I get a '''do-over" out of it tomorrow around 5.... So here's hoping. Or I'll have to wait until mid July to get my +1.

Snoo

The Legend
For me? ALL OF LISEBERG. Was interrailing and found out on the train from Oslo to Gothenburg that it was closed the following day. Was open on Labour Day but not the day afterwards. Full story here, but it was not fun... http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/interrail-trip-tivoli-gardens-europa-park-portaventura.42586/

I had the same problem but only because I'm an idiot. I had planned to go when I was in Europe in 2016 but bought my ticket from Stockholm to Copenhagen and completely forgot until we were close to the trip. As I didn't want to blow the money I had already spent on just a ticket, I went on. Dumb move.. shoulda blew the money and hit Helix and the rest of the sexy. Regret that still to this day.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Imagine this - it's your very first go on Top Thrill Dragster. You wait in line for the front row, it's late at night so it's gone properly dark and the top 50ft of the tower is invisible, completely shrouded in low cloud cover.
And then you get a rollback. :eek:
Can you imagine that? I mean, how perfect would that be?
Well, knobchops here missed out on that exact experience by 2 trains.
2 trains!!!
Absolutely gutted.
So tantalisingly close to what would have been the Holy Grail of coaster rides, but to miss it by 2 lousy trains was a real punch in the face.
I mean, technically it's not a spite - they reset the thing within 5 minutes and I got my night ride with the low cloud cover, but because of the slight delay at the end of the evening they wouldn't let us wait for the front row anymore and it didn't roll back this time.
Despite the runaway success of the entire trip, that one near miss still stings.
So close, and yet... :(

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Suppose I’ll mention my recent Spring spite.

I booked a Texas trip far in advance, and when I did I scoured the Internet for indications of Galveston Pleasure Pier’s operating hours. I even called the only number I could find and spoke to an unhelpful and ultimately inaccurate person. I get to Galveston in the afternoon to find out the pier is closed on Mondays.

OK, Iron Shark was hardly a bucket-list coaster, but on the other hand when am I ever going to make it back to Galveston?

James F

Hyper Poster
Expedition Everest back in 2006. I was 10 and was so, so very disappointed. Finally got on it when I was 18. I wouldn't really rate it.