What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

GeaugaLakeisAlive

Roller Poster
Not the most controversial view you have on a coaster, but the one you have that you see the least amount of other enthusiasts agreeing with you on? What's that one thing you post and you can never, not even once, recall someone agreeing with you on it? Could be anything as drastic as Dragon Wagons being better than Boulder Dash, or just simply thinking a coaster looks ugly.

For me, I think this one has to be: Raging Bull is the best B&M hyper. Yes I know aside from a few moments (albeit good ones) of airtime you're in your seat most of the time on this early version of the model. However, my favorite thing about this hyper is that it does other things instead of just passable airtime the whole ride. B&M hypers typically have a good amount of very sustained airtime but compared to Intamin, Gravity Group, and RMC, it's pretty weak. Instead, Raging Bull focuses mostly on using momentum to sling itself up into some pretty well-paced high turning elements, and that combined with its interaction with Viper and fun little turning bit at the end was enough to seal the deal on this being my favorite in the set. I love this coaster, I even have the wooden postcard hanging in my room.
Boomerangs are fun! I know they're common, but I havent been on one that's given me a bad ride. Sure, They're not amazing by any means but they are overly criticized.

Niles

Giga Poster
I've only ever done one boomerang at Hershey, it had the new restraints and I thought it was good, nothing special but good.

Pointless at Hershey but at smaller park its a great thrill as long as it has the new restraints, as I have heard without the new restraints there uncomfortable or worse ;)

So as of now I kind of like them.

peep

CF Legend
There's someone out there who likes Boomerangs, maybe @peep?

I don't dislike them as much as most enthusiasts. Some can be a bit ruthless but I think they pack quite a lot of thrill in a small space which is great for some parks. The one in Vienna with just a bare metal lapbar is terrifying.

Snoo

The Legend
I don't dislike them as much as most enthusiasts. Some can be a bit ruthless but I think they pack quite a lot of thrill in a small space which is great for some parks. The one in Vienna with just a bare metal lapbar is terrifying.

I don't think they're end of days but not a huge fan of them. If I have the credit, you can count on me sitting out especially.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't think they're end of days but not a huge fan of them. If I have the credit, you can count on me sitting out especially.
I'm struggling to imagine a scenario where I'd re-ride one now, you know?

Those backwards inversions are disgusting, regardless of how smooth/rough/old/new. Ghastly pieces of equipment.

pvnks

Mega Poster
I really enjoyed Infusion at Blackpool Pleasure Beach and very much despised the neck-breaking "classic" wooden coasters.

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
Ive done Iron Rattler, NTG, SV, Lrod and Storm Chaser and NTG is barey top 50, Twitim is barely top 40, Irat isnt even top 40 for me, I did Stormie with the slow wheels and have it in my top twenty and I have Lrod as my number one and SV as my number two. I love some good ejector, but other than a few exceptions I find RMCs to be overhyped and don't provide a ton of interesting layouts. I also liked Dominator more than Twitim. I found that LRod was really the only one that significantly exceeded my expectations and i dont know, ejector is great but unless if your LRod i found the positives to not be that strong on them.

Snoo

The Legend
I'm struggling to imagine a scenario where I'd re-ride one now, you know?

Those backwards inversions are disgusting, regardless of how smooth/rough/old/new. Ghastly pieces of equipment.

Honestly, mid train with the new restraints is the only situation. I'll find out with Carolina Cobra in May as that has the new restraints and was never a killer even way back at Geauga Lake. Outside of that? Agreed wholeheartedly.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'll find out with Carolina Cobra in May as that has the new restraints and was never a killer even way back at Geauga Lake.
Was Geauga Lake home of the most well-maintained Vekomas out there? From my experience Thunderhawk was nowhere near as bad as other SLCs are said to be, and according to you, Carolina Cobra (Head Spin/Mind Eraser, whatever you want to call it) wasn't that bad with the old restraints.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I don't really get the boomerang hate - they're mostly more than tolerable, give a decent thrill in a small size, and the worst examples aren't as bad as SLCs or Volares...

Snoo

The Legend
Was Geauga Lake home of the most well-maintained Vekomas out there? From my experience Thunderhawk was nowhere near as bad as other SLCs are said to be, and according to you, Carolina Cobra (Head Spin/Mind Eraser, whatever you want to call it) wasn't that bad with the old restraints.
Yes actually. Thunderhawk has been one of my favorite SLCs ever. In fact, rode it again this year when I went to MIA. Hell, even Firehawk was probably the best Flyer out there from them as well. Go Geauga!

I don't really get the boomerang hate - they're mostly more than tolerable, give a decent thrill in a small size, and the worst examples aren't as bad as SLCs or Volares...
I mean.. tolerable depends on the person. Also you aren't going backwards on SLC's or Volares. The headbanging and backwards portions are what kill me. I can tolerate backwards if the restaurant has a new restraints.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The headbanging on boomerangs are bad but even for the ones with the newer restraints they're still shaky and the forces are uncomfortable. It certainly doesn't help that there's so many of them around, makes it a nuisance whenever I need the cred.

I haven't done any with just a lap bar but I feel like it wouldn't ride much differently from the vests.

Matt N

CF Legend
I have a couple more I can add now:
  • I preferred the Hungarian Horntail side of Dragon Challenge to the Chinese Fireball side as it was (marginally) less uncomfortable.
  • I preferred Incredible Hulk to both Dragon Challenges when they existed.
  • Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is too rough for me to enjoy.
  • Conversely, I found Big Dipper and Nickelodeon Streak to be fun, enjoyable rides with a bearable level of roughness.
  • Manta is my least favourite B&M at SeaWorld Orlando, and I did not enjoy it much more than Galactica.
  • Icon at Blackpool Pleasure Beach is my favourite UK coaster.
  • Merlin parks can still provide a really fun and enjoyable day out, despite many people's criticisms of them. Well, I find that all theme parks I've been to provide a fun and enjoyable day out, but that's besides the point.