Opinion of X:/ No Way Out

• Love it

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Just curious as to whether anybody has ever got off of X:/No Way Out and actually enjoyed it? Obviously, the Thorpe website shows reveiws of people saying they loved it, but it just made me feel a bit poo! Fair enough having a dark coaster, but going backwards?! Why? There's not even any themeing in there so you might as well be going forwards to save the riders from feeling sick!

I just feel a low-budget scheme as simple as turning the cars around and putting some lighting in there (like on Paris' Rock N Rollercoaster) could do it a world of good!

D

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Still crap though. I'd ride it again if there was no queue, but otherwise wouldn't bother.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Hmmm, I hate it and think it is pointless and needs replacing with something half decent, yet I like riding it as it's fun.

It had so much potential, and still does to some extent, yet I think the X is turning into Y :p

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I'm somewhere in the middle. Don't Love or Hate.

I'd just like to see an open area there with lots of nice landscaping (plants, trees, rocks etc..) like Chessie or Alton have to break the park up from just rides and queues.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I thought it was pretty fun, wasn't boring or anything, but I wouldn't queue for it if the queue was over 15-20 mins.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I'm sort of inbetween. I don't really go on it though unless I'm with people that have never been to Thorpe before.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I'm fairly sure i enjoyed it when i first rode it... but it had working effects and things back then.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Ah, when I made the poll I did have a third "I don't mind it, it's ok once or twice" option but I obviously forgot to click the add option button..oops :lol:

I agree about it having potential though as I originally said, just needs a bit of theming and for it to go forwards!! As it is now, I wouldn't go on it again. Plus the time I last went there were a group of chav's who thought they were the most important thing since sliced bread who were mouthing off and nudging everyone in the queue, which gets quite uneasy when you're in a dark corridor!!

Ollie

CF Legend
I hate it. It's pointless and makes me feel ill.
I do ride it if everyone else does but sometimes I do sit out on it.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
on a scale of 1-10, i'd give it around 4 or 5 - it's not as bad as it's made out, but had some much potential - and does make you feel rather queasy!

not as bad as fish though - that is TOTALLY pointless, and gets 2/10!

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm another one of those don't hate or love it persons.

It is a bizarre. After a few rides. I still don't really know what to think about it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brad said:
Absolutly terrible and pointless, I probably wouldn't go on it even if was the only ride open.

This.

In fact, I've not gone on it when it was the only coaster open.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I agree with Brad that its pretty bad. On my last 2 visits I haven't even bothered riding it as I prefer to spend my time queueing for something half good. I'm not really a big fan of indoor coasters anyway.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I didn't actually find it "that" bad. It hurt a little near the end but the actual coaster was fairly unique..

Meh, it's better than Space Invader at Blackpool, and the queue theming isn't too bad. I'd give it a 6/10. So I neither love it or hate it. :)

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
it was alrite i would go on it if there is a 15minute queue otherwise i wouldnt it could be better and it shouldnt have the stops in it

Ollie

CF Legend
I find it funny when you walk past and it's got a 45 minute queue because all the Chavs don't know how bad it is as they think anything that goes backwards in the dark is "Well sik" :p

A

Anonymous

I don't hate it, but I don't really like it.
It's a terrible ride, how many other rides can you walk stright onto and feel like it wasn't worth the queue.

It could be a good ride, if they got rid of all of the blocks, turned the trains around, and didn't try to sell it to us as an 'extreme' ride. Maybe they could re theme it to be part of octopus garden, sure It won't be up to the standard of the other rides there, but it will be better suited there.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Never been on it, so can't comment; can however remember the saw-like hype about it before its launch (from memory, it was the first major coaster to come after the fabled 'year of the rollercoaster'), and it's funny to read the general sense of apathy about the ride, after having seen all of the build-up.