What's new

Worst ride ever?

^Now I didn't mind that as much! Admittedly it was far from serene, but I had a worse experience of Coaster Express. I think I got a bad ride on it though, because everyone else (Hoyer, Mark, Pierre) came out of it better than I did. Maybe I need to go to Spain again, just to check...

Nic said:
Viper at SFMM was also entirely unpleasant. As was Ninja, for that matter.

What was unpleasent about Ninja?? It's such a fun ride!

My worst ride ever is Batwing. It's rough, pointless, un-enjoyable, and dizzying. Barely worth the credit.

^ xwtf!!! ha ha love it Vadge.

Your Turbo down in Brighton was pretty unforgiving I seem to remember - short and v painful - but then at least you expect it to be crap.

CreditCrazy said:
What was unpleasent about Ninja?? It's such a fun ride!
I just found it really rough and painful. The pain far outweighed any fun that came of it.

Sue Shaw said:
^ xwtf!!! ha ha love it Vadge.
I can't take credit for that one I'm afraid. Can't remember who is responsible though

Sue Shaw said:
Your Turbo down in Brighton was pretty unforgiving I seem to remember - short and v painful - but then at least you expect it to be crap.
I actually think Turbo is fine for a painfari looper. Go on the one at Hayling Island, and then try telling me that Turbo is horrible :p

Nic said:
I just found it really rough and painful. The pain far outweighed any fun that came of it.

Did you ride it recently? I just rode it last week and I might actually have to agree! I hadn't ridden it since November and this ride was noticeably shaky (I still wouldn't call it rough) and just not the fun little ride it usually is. :(

Tom Green said:
Aside from things aimed at children or things that are very old and dated, the biggest disappointment for me would be Ripsaw at Alton Towers.
I have to agree with you on that one! Does the ride always only spin a couple of time then soak you in the disgusting fountains then finish? Ripsaw had the shortest ride cycle of any top spin I've ever ridden! It's far from the awesomeness that Talocan is :--D

My most pointless ride has got to be wild mine at gulvers world warrington, because it didnt give me the thrill of what I was expecting. cool)

^How much of a thrill were you expecting at Gulliver's World?

I went on Ripsaw for the first time this year and the fountain timing was so poor I never even got wet. It was over in a heartbeat and should be GIVEN away to another park that is struggling as a good will gesture, ha ha.

I completely take back what I say about Stampida being the worst ride ever, the last 10 rides I had of it last week were outstanding! Red train is by far the smoothest, you just need to leave enough space on the lapbar so you can slide your hand underneath it, that little bit of space makes the biggest difference.

Stampida when you're stapled in I'd give it a 3/10, with some nice slack you get some killer air-time, I'd give it a 8/10.

Honestly, the worst ride I've ridden? Mean Streak.

Now it might have been that I was still recovering from a very minor headache, but there wasn't a single part of this ride that was fun. We, probably rather stupidly, rode towards the back of the train, but even still, it was mind numbingly painful. The drops were boring, the bottoms of the dips were very painful and the corners were violent too. I'm not normally one to complain about pain, but this ride was actually beyond a joke. It was easily the worst coaster I've ever ridden.

Still, it was a credit. Got to try everything once! :lol:

Any of those annoying wild mouse rides. Can't stand them.

Also, just what IS the point in X:\ No Way Out exactly? Every time it starts to build up any sort of speed it will brake sharply and the theming is crap as well. I could fall asleep on that ride...

I went on Ripsaw for the first time this year and the fountain timing was so poor I never even got wet. It was over in a heartbeat and should be GIVEN away to another park that is struggling as a good will gesture, ha ha.

Yeah Ripsaw is pretty pointless now. It should be sold to another park that would use it properly. The other week when I watched it, it didn't invert once, just went all the way round about 3 times, then got people wet, the end.

What happened to all the flipping that these rides were made for?

The worst non-kiddy coaster for me is Runaway Mine Train at Alton. It Really is rubbish altough if you sit back row when it comes back into the station after the second time round, your still on the sharply banked corner which is pretty fun if you're on your own as you just slide into the side of the car. cool)