What's new

Worst ride ever?

SnooSnoo said:
The Villian.

I hope it gets melted down.
Because wood doesn't burn, it melts.

Ultimate Coaster said:
Yeah, Taylor, because it was MILES worse than Cedar Creek Mine Ride. Cedar Creek Mine Ride is one of the lamest coasters I've ever ridden. At least you can see interesting stuff from RMT.

Anywho, I would almost say SFGAdv's Viper, but Viper hurt so bad that it was funny.
Agreed, CCMR is rather on the awful side. Also, I think we should start a UC mentions Viper count.

bartcoastersimpson said:
any coaster! any coaster that's bad!
Wow.

Man, I am super grouchy tonight. Apologies.

I think you've been taking that Peace Pipe just a bit too much Chris.. ;)

And Villain deserves to melt/burn.. just to make sure everyone hears it again.

Wow! This was an old topic :p But if I have to answere I would say El Diablo at Port Aventura. Pretty long ride, should be fun you think, but it is just sooo dull.....

I'd never considered a ride 'bad' before - even naff ones are better than no ride...

...that's until I went on the Claw on the Southend live. The most painful experience ever!

At the moment, the only ones I can think of are...

X:/NWO - Such an awful coaster. One of the only 'adult' coasters I actually avoid going on.

Tales of the Coast @ Pleasurewood - Just pointless, worst dark ride ever.

Them Tobbogan coaster things

Stupid Spinning Mice coasters - Really starting to proper hate them for some reason. I'd even go as far as saying I would maybe miss out on the cred to not have to ride them. *maybe*

Excalibur type ride thingy from Camelot. All of them can burn in hell.

Twisters, Disk'Os, Flying Carpets, all YAWN!

And thats it, for the moment.... ;)

I think the most worst ride in the park was Southport's ghost train. I really don't like that at all. I think I had wasted my money on it. They should now do some good updates in park.

The walkthrough Haunted Inn and the ghost train both at southports old pleasureland pretty much take some beating for words don't quite cover it crapness. The only major rides I'd nominate for memorable lack of redeeming qualities are the defunct pinfari sorcerer and gauntlet both at Camelot, the pepsi loop at ryhls ocean view park and the ever so popular x:/nwo at thorpe.

I know everyone loves it beyond love, but I think Manta. Maybe it was just a bad day I went on. The loading was horribly slow, the ride is uncomfortable, and the pretzel loop just makes me feel sick. What aded to the hate was the temperature of the day, I nearly died. I was sweating like a pig in the Q and then the restraints made it into a paste, I had to CHANGE afterwards with my spares that were intended for after Journey To Atlantis. My brother loved it for some reason.... Kraken, on the other hand, rules!!

Others to avoid are:
X:/no way out,
Carnesky's Ghost Train,
G Force,
Flamingoland's Corkscrew.

Aside from things aimed at children or things that are very old and dated, the biggest disappointment for me would be Ripsaw at Alton Towers.

Whirlwind at Camelot. I injured my kneck on it quite badly, and was in pain for months afterwards. People did warn me before hand, but I went on it anyway through a combination of "I want the cred!" and "Surely it can't be that bad?". Trust me, avoid!

X:\WTF. Utterly pointless and dull ride. Horrible.

Viper at SFMM was also entirely unpleasant. As was Ninja, for that matter.

As for flat rides...
Quantum. I used to LOVE magic carpets as a kid, but this one is just so painful, it's not the least bit fun. The restraint also always kills me.

Tom Green said:
Aside from things aimed at children or things that are very old and dated, the biggest disappointment for me would be Ripsaw at Alton Towers.
No way really? Why!? I actually really like Ripsaw and similar Top Spins, they have a pretty addictive setting :p

The worst coaster for me has to be Stampida at PortAventure (post 2007), it's lost it's thrill and fails to deliver an enjoyable ride. No air-time and it just beats the living crap out of anyone who rides it! It just surpasses mediocre if ridden on the front..

I'm not a fan of Rita either, it's as if Alton has just put it there for a time-passer, no real thought put into it. I mean even look at small accelerators like Kanonen, Furius Baco and Speed Monster perhaps? Rita just seems like a thoughtless, dull addition to the Intamin Rocket family... Nethertheless I still manage to enjoy it, it just doesn't give me that "wow" factor.

I honestly have to say G-Force
It looked really good, and you get off it to be hit with the realisation that is was actually boring.
I'm glad I just had a ten minute queue.

Oh jesus, Coaster Express at Parque Warner Madrid. I've never enjoyed a ride less, I just got damaged and thrown around.

Actually, i've just remembered those travelling Top Spins, I think they're Fabbri ones, like the one at Pleasure Island. They're hell, they just go on and on, holding you upside down for nothing more than the hell of it, and there's a big 'button' on the seat, which has a tendency to 'push back'.

^ See I went on that in 2007 and I really enjoyed it! It wasn't rough or bashful at all. Perhaps they had done some repairs to it...

However this:

p1452.jpg

Imagine being shaken up and down violently for about 2 minutes and you get the jist of the ride.

I genuinely had to lie down for a few minutes afterwards because my back seriously hurt!