What's new

Worst Queuelines

Kebab

Giga Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
coasterchris93 said:
Goliath123 said:
Probalby never heard of it but in Aus, at Sea World there is a ride called The bermuda traingel where you have to watch a 5 minute video before every single ride........

It's similar to many rides in which a video is played. Hex for example. I'm not a fan of rides that do that, and it tends to mass up queue's

The whole point of Hex is the videos, sure it's not as good when you know the dialogue off by heart, but it still adds to the overall atmosphere of the ride...

Strange that they do an entire pre-show before a water ride though (Bermuda Triangle), Goliath 123, can you expand on how the queue for it works please?

Yeah, I know that. I was saying that it isn't rare that a video is played in a queue, and if they are it isn' particularly a bad thing, so I used Hex for an example. Hex sucks either way, the overall experience isn't actually 'scary', even my 6 year old cousin agrees. Phantom Manor on the other hand freaks me out pretty well.

Goliath123

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
coasterchris93 said:
Goliath123 said:
Probalby never heard of it but in Aus, at Sea World there is a ride called The bermuda traingel where you have to watch a 5 minute video before every single ride........

It's similar to many rides in which a video is played. Hex for example. I'm not a fan of rides that do that, and it tends to mass up queue's

The whole point of Hex is the videos, sure it's not as good when you know the dialogue off by heart, but it still adds to the overall atmosphere of the ride...

Strange that they do an entire pre-show before a water ride though (Bermuda Triangle), Goliath 123, can you expand on how the queue for it works please?

Well, first you queue normally then bofero your boat comes, you get put in a room to watch the vid.

Martyn H

Hyper Poster
I'm voting for Blue Tornado at Gardaland.

One giant cattlepen under a fecking hot bit of canvas or something, which is so horrible (especially queueing for over an hour in August) The only good part was getting off the ride, which I enjoyed :)

Oh and Rita's is also horrible.

A

Anonymous

I said it once, and I'll say it again!

Colossus - Possibly 'THE' worst queueline; EVER!

Actually hold that thought!

As: Rita QoS is absolutely disgusting also.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Colossus' queue line isn't that bad actually. It gets you nice and close to the ride and lets you take some good photos or the ride in action. They only thing that could be bad about it is know how long you've got to go before you reach the station. :p

A

Anonymous

jokerman said:
What's wrong with the queue line for colossus? It's nothing special, but it's certainly not the worst.

I meant Colossus for the length, but I meant Rita QoS, because that's sh*t overall. Well in my opinion.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I totally agree with Ollie. The theming was also quite nice; and the length is determined on the amount of people queuing, so I don't think Colossus is bad at all

MinteButtons

Mega Poster
Rory said:
Either Shockwave or RITA.

Both are absolutely dreadful queulines.

I agree with Rita, but I don't think Shockwave is bad.
I walked through though......
The one thing I hated was the wooden structure, which means you can see the rapids underneath which set off my vertigo :evil:

Xpress

Strata Poster
The worst Q I've ever been in has to be Z(2)'s line, because, even though it's shaded with trees, there's always gum underneath the railings, on the pathway, it's humid in the summer, half of it is outside in the sun- all amplified with the wait.

A

Anonymous

Waited 3 hours for Test Track at EPCOT and it was the most miserable theme park experience I have had. Can't blame anyone but myself for that one, that was really stupid.

The worst queue line had to be Boomerang Coast to Coaster at Great Escape. Waited 40 minutes in direct heat for just a 4 train wait. I got sunburnt pretty bad. They really need to invest in some canopies for that queue.

A

Anonymous

I hat queueing for Colossus becuase there often seems to be a lot of smoking, swearing etc, more that for other rides there (Or am I just unlucky with the times I've rode Colossus?)

CMonster

Giga Poster
Coast said:
Waited 3 hours for Test Track at EPCOT and it was the most miserable theme park experience I have had. Can't blame anyone but myself for that one, that was really stupid.

Really? There's so much to look at in that queue. :?

Although, for three hours, I kinda understand. :)

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Knowing this hasn't been replied to properly in some time...I'm still surprised no one has mentioned Saw: The Ride; it's terrible especially in the heat. The Maze is probably pretty bad too, but having only been in it once and waited no more than 5 mins I wouldn't know.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Any queue that Paramount built. Either they have some crazy design that makes no logistical sense, are laced with canvas tents that trap heat, or both!