What's new

Wild Mouse at BPB Closure - R.I.P. 1958-2017

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
At least the Wild Mouse parts were actually part of a roller coaster at one point.
Hah, true. This isn't anything odd, and they might as well get money from something that would otherwise be waste. Similarly, I've got a rivet that was once part of the Golden Gate Bridge. It's a nice little memento for people to have - if they weren't so expensive, I'd also have a Big One wheel from a few years ago!

Dave

CF Legend
Hah, true. This isn't anything odd, and they might as well get money from something that would otherwise be waste. Similarly, I've got a rivet that was once part of the Golden Gate Bridge. It's a nice little memento for people to have - if they weren't so expensive, I'd also have a Big One wheel from a few years ago!
Thing is they should do something with the wood and wheels. As they're so boring, literally just cut offs. If they stenciled a design onto it like 'Wild Mouse 1958-2017' it would look decent, need a higher mark up but be worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
it would look decent, need a higher mark up but be worth it.

At £100 for less than a foot of lumber, I think the markup wouldn't have to be any higher. Considering that they were going to knock the ride down anyway, and its value was already written off, the price tag is literally presenting a bigger expense for the park than the item it is attached to.

mouse

Giga Poster
Wicker Man wasn't the only coaster to fuse wood and fire anyway, SFMM did it with Colossus years ago.

rollerfire_qtp_640x360_326594627686.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
F**k me that's bad. Literally drilled some holes in a piece of rotten wood and put pennies-worth of candles in the holes. Idiots will mop them up though.

Will

Strata Poster
It's up to £1800.

I'd like a new novelty armchair as much as the next man and it would probably be quite comfortable with the rest was stuffed with cushions and blankets, but... no! :p

lachlan

Mega Poster
It's a bit odd they're not running a charity fundraiser with these, usually when parks auction things off it's for a good cause.

Looks like they'll make more money from it dismantled than it brought in running