What's new

Wild Mouse at BPB Closure - R.I.P. 1958-2017

Sandman

Giga Poster
^ Wasn't Noah's Ark considered as a venue for some sort of heritage museum, or was that just a rumour?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/amanda-we-have-an-amazing-story-to-tell-1-7876786

Amanda said in this interview back in April 2016 that she wants to turn the Ark into a museum.

But she is prepared to spill the beans on her hopes of opening a museum at the Pleasure Beach one day.

“I want to turn Noah’s Ark into a heritage museum. We have such a lovely archive here, with designs of rides, photographs, pictures of the designs for the first ice show.

“It would also be great for schools and I would make it free for the people of Blackpool. We have an amazing story to tell.”

jayjay

Giga Poster
Ha, I was thinking of posting that. On the other hand, there's a (hastily written?) foreword in the front page praising Blackpool for making the decision secretly as a professional business.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
And the park probably won't care for the absolutely tiny amount of people boycotting the park because they made a decision to remove one of their coasters...
Especially as they already had my money when they did it!

(Not that I would boycott anyway, but I'm glad I got the cheap offer)

Peet

Giga Poster
It seems like we are all moving together through the different stages of grief, I think I'm with you guys in the Depression stage at the moment. Nowhere near Acceptance just yet!

Dave

CF Legend
And the park probably won't care for the absolutely tiny amount of people boycotting the park because they made a decision to remove one of their coasters...
Probably all went last weekend to gawk at Icon, making sure to post pictures of their brand new passes up on facebook too!

Sandman

Giga Poster
You know what would fit in that exact space though?... ;)

25492489287_e5643a40ff_c.jpg

Construction 2019 topic coming soon.

Will

Strata Poster
URGH, I never understood how KSM was so bad when Wild Mouse was so good, but there the fact remains.
Let's not even joke about it - also, isn't that ride currently sat in Margate, busily never being built?

rob666

Hyper Poster
...rotting away to nothing.
King Solomon's Mines was absolutely crap compared to the Mouse, slower than slow towards the end.