• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going to use 2 for 1 offers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marc

CF Legend
Just out of interest really.

Who is getting the pass for 2011 or are you going to rely on 2 for 1 offers?

I am not getting the pass as I have no plans to go to the parks enough, GF might be my only visit to Thorpe and Chessington all year.

We might go to Alton if there is a live there but that would be all.

I would rather spend the money on parks I have not been to and the Italy trip.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I am, simply because I live so close to Chessie and London.

Also, they're half price at the moment, so it's not so bad.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No. I won't be getting one, but then again, I never have. :p

It's much better for me to try and use the 2-4-1 offers, as firstly I don't visit the parks that much, and secondly I don't really want to pay all that money when all I'd use it for is getting into the park. I wouldn't use any of the extra discounts etc that it gets you.

I did consider it a few weeks ago, as it's so easy for me to get to Alton Towers from Sheffield, however when I actually think about the number of times I want to go and the cost, the 2-4-1's just seem like a more logical option to me.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm not gonna bother this year. Last year I'm not sure I broke even compared to using 2-4-1s, especially taking away the trips I didn't actually care about.

So yeah, I won't bother. I'll do GF and then probably Alton once or something. Although the person that I go to Alton with most of the time is no longer allowed to talk to me so dunno.

Mike

Giga Poster
My family probably will using Tesco vouchers. I don't think we've ever paid for them normally.
I won't be getting one though as I'll be away from the country from July!

peep

CF Legend
Mine lasts till October, so yes?

I go to Chessington a lot throughout the year and I might have the occasional visit to one of the other attractions. I just like the freedom of being able to go whenever I want.

Rush

Giga Poster
I've been using 2 for 1 vouchers for a couple of years now and it's worked out to be better value than the Merlin Annual Pass. Especially seeing as this year they seem to be trying harder than ever to squeeze as much money out as possible from their most loyal customers...

I still have mine and I think it has already paid off, and I have only had it since October! So I won't be getting a new one this year as mine lasts the majority of the year, but will probably get one again in 2012.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
It probably depends on the cost of renewing the pass. If a renewal is less than £100, it might still be worth my while, especially if I'm doing Ghosterforce. If not, I could probably visit Alton once during the first couple of weeks after opening whilst my old pass is still valid, maybe pick up a bounce back ticket for a Live or for Jerry's visit and then just cut back on my visits to the Merlin parks a bit. I might have to look into using some Tesco day out vouchers too.

It might give me an incentive to visit some of the smaller pasks that I've not been to yet, like Paultons, Adventure Island or Fantasy Island.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Really depends on what happens in the next few weeks for me... i.e Jobs. If that happens, then No. If that fails, highly likely.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
Mine lasts till October, so yes?

I go to Chessington a lot throughout the year and I might have the occasional visit to one of the other attractions. I just like the freedom of being able to go whenever I want.

Essentially this...

Though I'm planning to go to more of the Non-Merlin parks over the year, since I'm being dragged to Blackpool, and of course the London attractions, I do actually require it...

Although of course 'freedom' John, should be in inverted commas ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm just going to re-new mine. £75 or whatever it is to renew? It's worth that, 2 visits to Alton and I've paid it up!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
No, not that I've ever had one anyway.

The pass, even with the new Blackpool stuff, is just too "London heavy" for where I live at the moment. Sure, Alton is pretty close, but not close enough to make an easy,quick trip to. Once or twice a year is usually enough for me, and this year I may not bother at all.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't know. I need to seriously weigh up it's worth.

I'll be visiting Alton, Thorpe, Chessie and London Dungeons all at least once and would visit other attractions if I got a pass.

It's the conveniance of the pass I want, but I can't justify Kyle getting one too really, and if we just used BOGOFS we'd be much better off I think. It's just the lack of "bored... Thorpe?" that is upsetting.

nadroJ

CF Legend
If I were going to buy it for myself then I'd probably give it a miss this year. However, I get one as a Christmas present every year with my parent's Tesco vouchers, so even though it's not exactly worth it at the moment, I'm not losing anything as mine is a gift.

I'm still focusing on non-Merlin stuff this year, hopefully doing a few good trips.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Family_Furie are pretty sorted for 2011 already to be honest. My pass runs out November and we have a Tesco voucher for MMF to trade in at the start of the season.

The other two run out in July time I think and with the Tesco voucher price going up and the fact we've not really taken advantage of the passes the last two years, I suspect that we'll just plump for Alton passes in the future, if that.

Really don't know at the moment, things change and we just make the best decision we can when it comes to it :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I don't have any Tesco vouchers at all this year. If I did, I'd get a pass no questions asked, because it's well worth the £40 of money Tesco give you.

They had some deal on a while back where they were worth twice as much in store, so mum used them all up on wine, contributing to my hatred of alcohol ten fold.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have LOADS of Nectar points, so I may convert them to money off the Anal Pass.

I know that I'm not willing to pay the full price for it.