What's new

Which of these nasty park/queue habits is the worst?

make your choice

• smoking in the queuelines

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • bad language in theme parks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • q-jumping

• alcohol in theme parks

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
^

I agree.

I'm very impatient so I don't visit the parks in the summer time term. My season is from April till June and from September till the park closes with a very few exceptions but these are rare.

I cut the line of q-jumpers once. This was fair in my opinion.

I refused a girl to enter the car by locking down the restraint for the purpose of an on-ride photo. Sounds like a ride-op wannabe but nah. :) I didn't want her to be on the picture with me. Anyway she jumped the q-line so it was fair enough either.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
It's a toughie between queue jumping and smoking.

I think I'll go with smoking. I think smoking in queue lines is rude and unpleasant and shows a flagrant disregard for the health/comfort of other people who have no choice but to stand next to smoke in whatever direction the puffer chooses to blow it.

Queue jumping is relatively easily sorted. Bring attention to them and/or don't let them past.

A

Anonymous

Q jumping I'd say, why can't people just wait their turn? Every1 else has to. The others don't really bother me, drinking probably makes the rides seem more fun, although it cud make u sick.

Bad language is everywhere u can hardly escape it, and it is excusable if ur on an intense ride. Smokin is a bit foul though, just cause some people want 2 ruin their health dosn't mean others shud suffer.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
For me it is chewing gum and queue jumpers. I was sickened in the Kumali queueline at the weekend to find that gum has already been deposited on the fence posts.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Gum is annoying but queue jumpers piss me off the most. I have on several occasions moaned, recently to the threat of "leaving the queue line with no teeth".

Aaron

Hyper Poster
furie said:
but UK theme parks don't provide a solution...

They do - I have to go cleaning queulines sometimes!

When I'm riding, the most annoying thing to me is people queue jumping. it annoys me

When I'm platforming, and usually on Fury, I hate all of them, but particularly people who Can't read a height restriction sign and will argue blindly with me about letting their kids on... UGH!

Oh and people who tell me they have parent swap passes about 5 rides after their other halves have gotten off the ride!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Smoking in line for me, as everything else can be sorted out with relative ease, where people put up more of a fit when you ask them to put out their cigarette.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Yeah that's another thing, I've had some right dirty looks from people after I've asked them (nicely) to put out their cigarettes...

Admittedly they were both huge chavs... :lol:

Mike

Giga Poster
I don't mind Q-Jumping, but only as long as it's just one person who's joining on to their family and won't take anextra cart thing up.

What really pisses me off though is people smoking, especially when the smoke blows into my face. It absolutely stinks and makes it so I can't breathe properly. Also it's passive smoking. So yeah, my vote is for people smoking.

spicy

Giga Poster
Q Jumping is the worst by far, I hate it! :twisted:
When I was in the Stealth Q-line a few weeks ago there was a gang of about 20 black kids all dressed like 50Cent saying 'Blat Blat!' :? hmmmm......
Anyway, they all jumped the Q it severely pissed me off but im obviously not going to say anything as it was just me and my girfriend, but to my delight they all got removed from the park :D that was sweet..

I also hate smoking in the Q-line but as soon as they play 'please don't smoke in the Q-line' they normally put it out so its not that bad.

So yeah, Q-jumping gets my vote!

A

Anonymous

has to be queue jumping, if ur waiting in a queue for 3 hours and someone pushes past u, u feel like smacking one ...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Az said:
furie said:
but UK theme parks don't provide a solution...

They do - I have to go cleaning queulines sometimes!

Bam! Blast from the past! I had to go back and look at the context!!! :lol:

I meant that in places like Disney, the park is so well maintained, and that the litter pickers are so active, people tend not to litter. I wasn't saying that UK parks don't do any litter picking, just that because it's not as prevalent, people tend to litter more (or maybe we're just slobs over here). I just remember in Disney, there aren't fag butts soaking in niches on rides (like on Nemesis), the bins don't over-flow, the paint isn't peeling and manky and there are so many litter pickers about, rubbish doesn't spend more than a couple ofminutes on the floor.

When you're faced with such a tidy environment, you tend to want to keep it that way, so make more of an effort to be tidy... Well, I do... I have a feeling that people over here maybe don't give a damn... :D

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
A group of people (chavs usually) blocking the entrance. This pisses me off the most because they act like there wasn't anyone around so they don't care that someone wants to pass thru yet they don't want to enter the ride. Nothing beats this. Not even a drunk q-jumper smoking on the station.

richy_t

Roller Poster
Well I think its queue jumping or smoking! At Paultons you are not allowed to smoke in the queue line anymore which is good. People seem happy with that. Om each ride there is a sign saying "Do not smoke in the queue line, which seems to have affect! I haven't seen anyone smoke in the q's. When I see queue jumpers or people say to me that they have seen somene queue jumping I will go up to that person and say something like "do not queue jump, it is not fair on others who have had to wait, and you to just jump the fences. Get to the back of the queue, if you do it again you will NOT come back on".

A

Anonymous

With Duel being my fav ride (DUH)

I was queueing for duel and the queue was going all the way through the foresty it about a 30 mins queue (Yes im that stupid) and when we got to the house juse about to go into the main door a group of 18-19 year olds jump over the little wood fence ust at the house entrance and go infront of me when we got to the station i told the ride op and thye got ejected from the park HAH Damn Queue jumpers

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Oblivious said:
i told the ride op and thye got ejected from the park HAH Damn Queue jumpers

This is probably rare. Usually the ride ops just tell the q-jumpers to leave the ride and go back to the end of the q-line.