What's new

Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

A very exciting year.
Obviously the RMCs and Fury 325 are going to be the candidates for best new coaster of '15, and they look absolutely amazing.
Thunderbird looks cool and has already gotten praise from quite a few as the best B&M wingrider, (granted I know that's not a huge achievement LOL but consensus has been it's a very good coaster)

So I'll express my interest in some of the not big names:
Cannibal at Lagoon looks really cool and interesting. The beyond vertical drop and from over 200 feet, must feel really crazy. I like the layout and it looks to be forceful.

Karnan at Hansa looks sick. That layout is awesome, and for a hypercoaster?? I'd say could be a sleeper hit, if it even opens in 2015?

Impulse at Knoebels. Yeah, not super big, fast, or even "unique" but I've heard from the first batch of riders it's a smooth, forceful ride and it's nice addition for Knoebels. A big time steel looper, but "fits" in their park's feeling, and it's a very short drive for me, so I'm pretty excited for it.

Baron 1898 is beautifully themed, maybe not a special or epic ride but I am glad to see dive coasters are starting to do a bit more these days.

Obviously, Fury and the two RMC's look like excellent additions. Those are probably the most exciting.

I'll hopefully be riding Baron, Junker and Karnan this year and the latter looks like it could be particularly good. The iSpeed clone going into the turkey park with lap bars is also a very exciting prospect, although not probably somwhere I'll visit for quite a few years.

I'm more excited for Thunderbird than I was expecting. It definitely looks like one of the best wing coasters. Tempesto looks gorgeous<3 and I think these rides are really good. I think the Manta clone going into Nagashima definitely looks to fill a void in their lineup, so it should be a very positive addition for them.

I think a darkhorse could be Batman at SFFT. I personally think it will be better than the Intamin Zac Spins, but still looks far too short.

Oblivion at Garda looks to be a very solid dive machine, although not as impressive as Baron. Laff Trakk doesn't look like a particularly interesting addition, but should be fun.

Finally, I think Impulse looks a bit ****, but only because its zierer and has a very bog standard layout.

I think I've summarised my opinion on all the notable 2015 additions. This year certainly looks like a fantastic year for new coasters.

CookieCoasters said:
Obviously, Fury and the two RMC's look like excellent additions. Those are probably the most exciting.

I'll hopefully be riding Baron, Junker and Karnan this year and the latter looks like it could be particularly good. The iSpeed clone going into the turkey park with lap bars is also a very exciting prospect, although not probably somwhere I'll visit for quite a few years.

I'm more excited for Thunderbird than I was expecting. It definitely looks like one of the best wing coasters. Tempesto looks gorgeous<3 and I think these rides are really good. I think the Manta clone going into Nagashima definitely looks to fill a void in their lineup, so it should be a very positive addition for them.

I think a darkhorse could be Batman at SFFT. I personally think it will be better than the Intamin Zac Spins, but still looks far too short.

Oblivion at Garda looks to be a very solid dive machine, although not as impressive as Baron. Laff Trakk doesn't look like a particularly interesting addition, but should be fun.

Finally, I think Impulse looks a bit ****, but only because its zierer and has a very bog standard layout.

I think I've summarised my opinion on all the notable 2015 additions. This year certainly looks like a fantastic year for new coasters.

I forgot about Batman. There's very little opinion of it out of course, but they have said it is far better than the Zac Spins. I think the "weirdness" of it may hold it back, but you're right another darkhorse candidate.

I didn't think anything of Impulse either, and still not saying it's going to be anything great, but I was surprised to hear how enjoyable it was, keeping in mind it is Knoebels and they can only do so much realistically.

Indeed, thanks to RMC and B&M finally stepping outside their comfort zone, we've had some great adds in recent years.