What's new

Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

I think Twisted Colossus looks the most amazing out of all the New For 2015 coasters, but chances are I probably won't get to ride it this year. So I'm trying to squelch my excitement for it down.

Karnan is a close second, I will definitely be visiting Hansa this year to ride it in all it's primitive, un-themed glory. Just can't imagine what such a tall Gertslauer will be like! Here's hoping it's more Fun Pops of Ejector than Rattly Inversions.

Generally I find Dive Machines quite intimidating, but still I'm super excited about Baron 1898 at Efteling because I'm sure it will be beautifully themed and full of atmosphere.

I'm also very intrigued by the new scare walk-through at Grona Lund. Their old walk through was fairly decent, and as Bla Taget demonstrates, the park are highly capable of utilizing quirky scare techniques <3

Re: Which

Nemesis Inferno said:
I guess 2014 we were rather spoilt for projects...
While I agree that 2014 was a great year for new coasters, it looks to me like this year will be even better. Just look at the lineup and what everyone else is posting here. There's Baron 1898, Batman: The Ride, Cannibal, Fury 325, Impulse, Laff Trakk, Rewind Racers, Schwur des Kärnan, Switchback, Thunderbird, Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone (just to name the major ones that come to mind).
Joey said:
They really are a wonderful park if they literally suggested we wait to visit.... But it does make you question why they don't schedule better to ensure the attraction is complete for opening season.
They really don't mess around when it comes to that, as Fluch von Novgorod demonstrates perfectly. The entire process takes two years, so there's little they can do scheduling wise and it would be silly of them to leave the ride closed and wait until the project is complete.

From what I might actually ride definitely Baron 1898, looks amazing and I can't wait to finally get to Efteling.

Also Fury 325, because its a B&M Hyper and they always excite me!

I would class it as a Giga with a Hyper Coasters quality. We shall call Hypers and Gigas big with long drop coaster.

I've always considered Millennium Force and Intimidator 305 as giga coasters, but Leviathan as a hyper-giga coaster. I think Fury 325 also falls into the hyper-giga category.

Karnan really excites me, so much mystery surrounding it's full layout and that lift hill and first drop being totally enclosed is going to be amazing <3

Twisted Colossus looks like it could be the first RMC I might enjoy so I'm looking forward to riding that later in the year.

Baron at Efteling I'm intrigued by, the station looks lovely but yet again, still lots of mystery surrounding the layout (which will probably be short and very similar to Garda's new one). I'm also looking forward to seeing how they make two pre-shows work on a high-capacity rollercoaster.

The untitled King Kong ride at Universal Studios Orlando looks like it will be amazing. Universal keep going from strength to strength with their attractions and although it'll have live ride hosts in each vehicle (I loathe rides that do - Jungle Cruise and Jaws) I'm intrigued with how they'll be used and the new dark ride tech they'll implement into the ride. It might not open till 2016 but they're really pushing the construction forward and rumours are suggesting a late 2015 opening so this totally counts :p

Also Disneyland Shanghai kinda counts as it's meant to be opening late this year but it's also meant to be heavily delayed so *shrug*. Either way they're building a Tron coaster and that needs to be in my life.

peep said:
Twisted Colossus looks like it could be the first RMC I might enjoy so I'm looking forward to riding that later in the year.
And you were wondering why I stated that you have a different outlook on things than most of us have? :p

To me RMCs look a bit ugly and don't appeal to me, but I'm 99% sure I'll change my mind and be ashamed of saying this when I actually get to ride one :p .

^ There is a reason that all RMC's thus far (Outlawn Run, Iron Rattler, and NTG) have been ranked in the Mitch Hawker Top 10 thus far. ;)

^ So is Balder, and there are still three woodies that I preferred from the six I've ridden. All three of them aren't in the top 10. So we'll see :wink:

Hyde said:
^ There is a reason that all RMC's thus far (Outlawn Run, Iron Rattler, and NTG) have been ranked in the Mitch Hawker Top 10 thus far. ;)

Let's not act as if anyone on here actually believes the Mitch Hawker poll is 100% accurate of everyone's opinion...

ECG said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
I guess 2014 we were rather spoilt for projects...
While I agree that 2014 was a great year for new coasters, it looks to me like this year will be even better. Just look at the lineup and what everyone else is posting here. There's Baron 1898, Batman: The Ride, Cannibal, Fury 325, Impulse, Laff Trakk, Rewind Racers, Schwur des Kärnan, Switchback, Thunderbird, Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone (just to name the major ones that come to mind).

Interested, won't be any good, in-house so might not be good, not interesting, don't know it, indoor spinner equals meh, not interesting, not finished till 2016, interesting concept, could be good, not interested, not interested...

Not the most awe-inspiring list in the end for me...

^ Probably something at Thorpe Park or Disneyland ;)

Anything by RMC I'm excited about, so Twisted Colossus is the one that's making me the wettest. Unfortunately I probably won't be riding many of the "big" new for 2015 attractions this year. The biggest will probably be the new one at Gardaland and, if it happens, the woodie at Tayto.

I'm also looking forward to the Mirror Maze at Legoland Germany.

Ian said:
^ Probably something at Thorpe Park or Disneyland ;)

Oh good god no, the Merlin ship has sailed (and Thorpe's had about 5 years ago)...

Ben said:
^What would excite you Benin?

More things really, are there many projects this year on a similar scale to Helix or Chiapas? Even Lost Temple at Movie Park was reasonably exciting... This year just seems to lack those sort of additions going on...