What's new

Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

ThomVD

Giga Poster
After reading NadroJ's blog I thought it would be interesting to discuss this on here. Which new ride are you anticipating most? It can be any type of ride. Flats, water, coasters, dark rides; you name it!

For me it's definitely Baron 1898. Not only because it's at my home park, but the entire thing just looks amazing. The concept art is better than I could've imagined. Depending on if I go to Alton Towers before it opens, it could also be my first B&M dive coaster. It will just be so nice to ride it and then know that I can go ride it again whenever I feel like it, without paying anything. It will be the first B&M close to home <3

If Phantasialand actually manages to open their new area, than that is up there too. I highly doubt it though, but I'm just so curious as to what it is going to be. No doubt it's going to be amazing.

As far as completely international rides, Fury 325 looks like it's going to be one of the best coasters ever, so I'll be curious how it turns out to be and hopefully I'll be able to ride it someday.

Twisted Colossus. Arguably the most ambitious RMC creation to date, and one heck of a layout.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxtariZgdLM[/youtube]

I won't be riding it this year, but Karnan @ Hansa is an exciting project. It'll be very interesting to see how this rides considering Gerstlauer's mixed results across their portfolio.
The theming of Baron obviously will take the biscuit compared to the Gardaland Dive Machine, but which one will be the better ride?

Twisted Colossus the layout looks amazing
Wicked Cyclone
Fury 325
Baron 1898
Gardalands B&M hopefully riding that this season
Karnan.

Realistically I'll probably only get to ride Wicked Cyclone, but that's fine by me because it looks incredible and it's just an easy drive from home. So glad to have one those things nearby.

What looks to be the best of the bunch imo is Fury 325. Looks to have a nice medium of airtime, forces, and other elements. Oh, and that first drop...

Twisted Colossus. Knowing that this has been in the works since New Texas Giant media day, and the park being a place I used to visit 15+ times a year, it is something that just makes me ecstatic.

I'd probably put Duery 325 next, simply because it is a giga dfinally taller than **** Millennium Force, but Wicked Cyclone looks as if it may be the most insane RMC yet (that isn't a new build) and it seems they are getting even more created than what they had been, which is saying a lot.

Karnan is intriguing due to that awful looking tower. I'm certain it will look better once they theme it, but looks very interesting.

Personally, I'm the most excited for Gardaland's Dive machine, since it's the closest one to my home and also the only one that I'm almost 100% percent sure of riding it next year.
As for the other projects, Twisted Colossus looks pretty damn cool and it's also one of the projects that I'm currently following. Same goes for Lagoon's Cannibal (that thing looks pretty messed up) and Kärnan in Hansa.

Ya know what, probably that terrible thing BGW are getting.

I'm fascinated by how the park hasn't even announced it yet and how totally inappropriate it is for the park. Capacity isn't good enough, its in a terrible location, looks cool... But not like it belongs there. It's just all kinds of weird and I can't wait to observe it functioning with guests. The theme too is do inappropriate for the park and, yeah. I love premiere's rides though, and it being at a high quality park I have access to is important also.

Wicked Cyclone is my number 1 just because I know I will be riding it. I doubt I will get out to California to ride Twisted Colossus so I have to go with some others I know I will be riding like Impulse, Laff Trakk and Thunderbird.

Has to be towers new coaster!! ;)

Other than that - should be getting wicked cyclone and hopefully a BPB trip for their new flat...

DelPiero said:
I won't be riding it this year, but Karnan @ Hansa is an exciting project. It'll be very interesting to see how this rides considering Gerstlauer's mixed results across their portfolio.
No worries about riding it this year as the themeimg won't be there until 2016, as was the case with Fluch von Novgorod which is so much better than it was the opening season. I even inquired about ERT if we did a CF-Live there this year and was told that it would be better to wait another year before planning to come back as a group.

caffeine_demon said:
Has to be towers new coaster!! ;)

This...because cred.

I'm trying to think what I'll actually (most likely) be riding in 2015.

Hopefully Kärnan at Hansa Park, it looks pretty immense, it's almost 100% that I'll go to Efleting so I really can't wait for the new B&M dive machine they're getting <3

The sky fly at BPB should be quite fun too :D

Baron 1898, because I want to see how they're going to fit in a B&M into Efteling...

Gardaland's DM looks bland as hell, Karnan won't be finished till 2016 properly, and there's not really much else new that is taking my fancy or interest...

I guess 2014 we were rather spoilt for projects...

Re: Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

Thunderbird I'm excited about. I'm excited to see how it plays out as B&M's first launch coaster. Also excited for Karnan and Baron 1898.

Re: Which "new for 2015" ride are you most excited for?

ECG said:
DelPiero said:
No worries about riding it this year as the themeimg won't be there until 2016, as was the case with Fluch von Novgorod which is so much better than it was the opening season. I even inquired about ERT if we did a CF-Live there this year and was told that it would be better to wait another year before planning to come back as a group.
They really are a wonderful park if they literally suggested we wait to visit.... But it does make you question why they don't schedule better to ensure the attraction is complete for opening season.