Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Alpengeist is ranked low not because of its own "suckage", as Joey put it, but simply because of what appears to be overrating of the other inverts.
Lol... Honestly, i think Alpengeist is just a marmite coaster and it's placement isn't trustworthy.

I think because it doesn't follow the generic expectations of an invert, opinions of it are varied and uneasy. It makes up for it with height and speed.

I think Nemesis has got to a level of overeating now that it will start going backwards. It's got to the point where people are sick of hearing about it. It will drop this year in the poll... 3rd place is a BIT ridiculas.

tycoon11990

Roller Poster
Divv said:
Wanted to wait until I got on Nemesis again before weighing in on this. I hadn't been on it for two years before my trip to Alton yesterday. I'm pleased to report that my experiences in the US haven't diluted the awesomeness that is Nemesis. I love B&M inverts and here's how I rank the five I've ridden:

1. Nemesis
2. Batman: The Ride
3. Raptor
4. Nemesis Inferno
5. Alpengeist

Ok, maybe Nemesis over Aplie cuz I've ridden neither, but I highly doubt Raptor is better than Alpie

Divv

Roller Poster
If you haven't ridden Nemesis or Alpengeist then how can you criticise my opinion?

I rode Raptor and Alpengeist within about a week of each other and I wholeheartedly can say that I preferred Raptor. Why do I keep having to defend this opinion? I found Raptor forceful and enjoyable, I thought Alpengeist was forceless after the first drop.

I know it isn't a popular opinion with the U.S. based users on CF but it's not as if I'm the only person in the world who prefers Raptor to Alpengeist. For example, by looking at their Mitch Hawker polls Robb and Elissa Alvey both prefer Raptor over Alpengeist too.

EDITED - To remove typo mentioned below. Whoops.

tycoon11990

Roller Poster
Divv said:
If you haven't ridden Nemesis or Alpengeist then how can you criticise my opinion?

I didn't say that I disagreed with that part...

I rode Raptor and Alpengeist within about a week of each other and I wholeheartedly can say that I preferred Alpengeist. Why do I keep having to defend this opinion? I found Raptor forceful and enjoyable, I thought Alpengeist was forceless after the first drop.

So you can "wholeheartedly" say that you "preferred Alpengeist?" Obviously a typo on your part....but having ridden Raptor I'd say it is worse than Montu and both DD's. Based on the reviews I've heard from other CFers, and just the difference in height, speed, etc., I'd say that Alpie is better than DD and thus better than Raptor....but again, that is my opinion.

(just a question...doesn't that lull between the corks bore you?? If not then I don't know how you can consider Alpie forceless!)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For me:

1. Montu
2. Nemesis

They are the olny ones I've ridden, but I would imagine Alpengeist, Black Mamba and Katun to be awesome as well.

Divv

Roller Poster
tycoon11990 said:
(just a question...doesn't that lull between the corks bore you?? If not then I don't know how you can consider Alpie forceless!)

I never said Raptor was perfect and so sure it does have its dead spots but for Alpengeist became one big dead spot after the drop.

tycoon11990 said:
Based on the reviews I've heard from other CFers, and just the difference in height, speed, etc., I'd say that Alpie is better than DD and thus better than Raptor....but again, that is my opinion.

If you haven't been on it yourself you really can't jump to conclusions like that. I did before I went to BGE and was sorely disappointed.

It's horses for courses. Just based on my own ride experiences it seems like I'm one of those people who prefer the older B&M inverts and find the newer ones a bit tamer. I'm not saying you shouldn't love Alpengeist, just don't expect to see me queuing up beside you much. ;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I've only ridden three, and the best of those is Pyrenees. I actually found Phaethon to be more enjoyable and re-ridable, but Pyrenees is the better coaster.

Having said that, I much preferred the zero-g on Phaethon, and the lack of a mcbr helps a lot, too. It's all just a bit tame though.

For me, and from appearances, the only invert that could beat Pyrenees would probably be Alpie.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Katun is one that never really impressed me alot.

After all, it's just a giant Raptor clone. Raptor sucks.

You of all people should know that it's not a clone! :p

Yes the inversions are in the same order, but the two rides are not the same.

Out of the ones I'd like to ride, Katun and Alpengeist are probably at the top of the list, followed by Patriot, Talon, Great Bear, Orochi and the rest of the Batman clones.

youthink?

Roller Poster
I would say the world's best would probably be Alpengeist, but my personal favorite is Patriot, it's so graceful and forceful at the same time.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Of those in the world, I'd go with:

1. Pyrenees
2. Katun
3. Montu
4. Alpy
5. Phaethon (or however it's spelled)

From what I've ridden, my top 5 are:
1. Montu
2. Alpy
3. Raptor
4. Top Gun: TJC
5. Talon

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
So, of the ones that I've ridden, I'd put them in this order:

Katun
Nemesis
Raptor
Top Gun - The Jet Coaster
Alpengeist
Dueling Dragons
Batman Clones

I'm not going to comment on ones I haven't because that's how I am :D. However, I don't really see how Nemesis gets as good of reviews as it does. The theming, terrain, etc. are pretty excellent, and it is a really good ride. However, if I have my eyes closed, it looses a noticeable amount of awesome.

Meanwhile, I'd say Katun is head and shoulders above any other B&M invert. The forces on it are really incredible; in my mind, it's in a class of its own. The first drop is amazing, its intensity is really great, and the intensity stays the entire ride. There was and is no doubt in my mind that I find Katun the best B&M invert I've been on.

A

Anonymous

i voted Nemesis, as its at my home park of A.T and i think its ace

jayjay

Giga Poster
I've been on Nemesis, Duelling Dragons and Montu. It's close between Montu and Nemmy, but overall, I'd probably give it to Montu. I really want to ride Alpengeist though. BGE is on my to-do list.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Alpengeist looks better, but i've only been on Nemesis so i have to say that it is the best( it is pretty great)

A

Anonymous

my order:
1.Alpengeist
2.Montu/Talon
3.Dueling Dragons Ice
4. Dueling Dragons Fire
5.Raptor
6.Great Bear
7.B:TR