Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I've ridden Batman: The Ride (SFMM), Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno and Silver Bullet.

I'd rank them...

1. Nemesis
2. Batman: The Ride
3. Silver Bullet
4. Nemesis Inferno

Nemesis only just beats Batman, but my recent rides on Nemesis were so good it topped Batman.

Silver Bullet is above Nemesis Inferno simply because Inferno just doesn't excite me anymore. Silver Bullet may be forceless, but Bullet's "zero-g" roll gave some awesome hangtime as did the cobra roll, and the helix and overbank were quite fun too.

Inferno may be more intense, but the ride feels over far too quickly IMO.

Out of all the inverts in the world, I've always thought that Alpengeist looked like the best. It was probably the first drop that appealed to me in the first place, but from POVs I've seen, the cobra roll looks insane.

Montu and Pyrenees would come second and third. Montu's first half looks awesome, and I loved Batman, so I'm sure I'd love Pyrenees.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have only been on 2 B&M inverts which were Nemesis and Batman: La Fuga.

I rank them:
1. Batman: La Fuga
2. Nemesis

Both are awesome and really close but I preferred Batman more because the ride is really intense and I loved every bit of it while the stall turns let Nemesis down.

Anyways I always though the top inverts looked like Alpengeist, Katun and Pyrenees.

I'm not to keen on Pyrenees 2nd half though. By looks I think it's:
1. Alpengeist
2. Katun
3. Pyrenees

A

Anonymous

1. Pyrenees, big and fast.
2. Orochi, Raptor without an MCBR = fast second part, but too many straight bits for no. 1.
3. B:TR, like Pyrenees but smaller.
4. Black Mamba, it's nice to go in small canyons at great speed.
5. Phaeton, rode it a few weeks after opening, and it needs some time to get up to speed and it will only get better.
6. Nemesis, short and predictable.
7. Nemesis Inferno, the invert that did the least for me.

TarkaTrax

Mega Poster
Pyrenees looks the best to me, big and forceful all the way until the MCBR. Not so much after that (though none of them look particularly forceful after the MCBR) but it's a pretty unique ending, the bunny hop looks like a nice touch. I remember reading Robb Alvey described it as a 'super-Batman', which sounds like a pretty good recommendation to me!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Ive ridden Nemmy and Inferno.

I think it would be out of a Batman, or Alpie or Nemesis.

I dont think a ride has to be forceful to be good to be honest. As Nemmy is very intense but forceless in a few places, yet its my no.1 ride at the moment because its the one I enjoy the most.

PLCP

Mega Poster
Either Pyrenees or Katun, IMO.

But out of the ones I've ridden...Montu kicks the living **** out of Raptor.

Echoes

Mega Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Remember.. this is all opinion.. ;)

But.. after that corkscrew.. its a BLAND helix into the brake run.. coulda finished SO much better.

Just to note.. the most insane corkscrew i've been on was Great Bears.. I loved that sucker.

I know it's all opinion, hence why I said "there can be no best". :)

And I agree, the helix wasn't intense at all, but it was kinda relaxing, and it still interacts with the theming. But I loved that zero-g and cork.

And I have actually always loved the look of Great Bear's cork, it speeds through there seemingly really fast. Shame it was down the day I went..

spicy

Giga Poster
I have been on 5, I would rate them like this:

1. Nemesis
2. Montu
3. Nemesis Inferno
4. DD:Fire
5. DD:Ice

The best in the world? Alpengiest looks amazing, but with inverts I find the small tight layouts alot more thrilling so I don't know if I would like it as much as I like Nemesis.

So I am going to say Nemesis.

Jake

Strata Poster
Montu is probably rated highly because a large amount of English children visit Florida when they have little coaster experience, thus they'd be more easily impressed.

It makes sense to me anyway.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Alpengeist looks like a great ride. Pyrenees looks and sounds excellent. Nemesis IS excellent. If Black Mamba is anything like Nemesis, it too will be excellent. I've refrained from actually voting, as I've only ridden Nemesis so far, but I suspect my 'best' invert would be one of those four.

Ben

CF Legend
Jake said:
Montu is probably rated highly because a large amount of English children visit Florida when they have little coaster experience, thus they'd be more easily impressed.

It makes sense to me anyway.

I dunno, Montu is a good ride, and it's the best Invert I've been on. It probably doesn't deserve to be as high as it often appears, but that's just because in general, Inverts suck.

It's obviously better then Alpengeist anyway. And least it's not entirely forceless.

Echoes

Mega Poster
^Uhmm.....excuse me, but how do you even know that Alpengeist is forceless? You keep bashing it, even though you haven't ridden it.

Ultimate Coaster said:
That's the only coaster that doesn't seem to have many, if any, negative reviews. The others are far too controversial.

My guess is that it's because it's relatively isolated. I don't think that coaster can have all positive reviews.

Almost

Hyper Poster
HAJiME said:
WOAH...

Alpengeist winning a poll of COASTERFORCE?

The yanks must be taking over. This is just sillyness.

It's obviously not Alpengeist, because...

...the majority say so, basically. There is no logical reason for Alpengeist to be "underated" so unless somone can give ma a delightful reason why it's sucking at 40somthing'th place... I feel that's accurate.

Khan is also at 38. Polls are obvious ****.

Alpengeist easily.
Then B:TR
Then Talon
Then Great Bear

Echoes

Mega Poster
^Haha, yeah I'm starting to see the pattern there. Nice analogy about Irwin as well. You'll have to excuse me though, I just get a wee bit defensive when people bash a ride they haven't been on, especially when it's my number 1. :p

As for zero-g rolls, when you said "Best invert zero g", I got to thinking. It seems that megaloopers (Kumba, Khan) have better zero g rolls for the most part, as you really don't see people raving about, say, Batman's zero g like they do about Khan's. That said, Alpengeist's roll is indeed no slouch.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Based purely on what I have ridden,then it would be this.

1/Nemesis.
2/Raptor.
3/Nemesis Inferno.

But based on personnal opinion then I'd go with Alpengeist.

Macrae

Roller Poster
Dueling Dragons Fire is the best invert i've been on. I actually preferred it to Montu, Nemesis and DD Ice.

Based off looks however, i'll vote for Alpengeist. That thing looks insane.

Divv

Roller Poster
Wanted to wait until I got on Nemesis again before weighing in on this. I hadn't been on it for two years before my trip to Alton yesterday. I'm pleased to report that my experiences in the US haven't diluted the awesomeness that is Nemesis. I love B&M inverts and here's how I rank the five I've ridden:

1. Nemesis
2. Batman: The Ride
3. Raptor
4. Nemesis Inferno
5. Alpengeist

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've only been on four of them (and a few Batman clones in the US) but it's Nemesis all the way for me.

It scores highly on theme (yes, Ben, I'm aware that it's just a coaster in a hole!), intensity thanks to being built in a hole and the fact that it's relentless from start to finish. It's hard to find a coaster without any sections of "dead track", brake runs, a let down in speed or a total mismatch of badly placed inversions.