What's new

What's next for RMC?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'd guess "bar that folds in from the side", but that would make it really awkward to dismount on that side, so... not sure.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I wonder when RMC is going to come in Asia. Big market obviously. China's woodies are perhaps a little too recent to get Iron Horse treatment, but what about Japan and its rattly old Intamin? I know some of their parks are on their way down in terms of attendance, hope springs eternal nonetheless...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
That looks smooth. Like, I can feel through my phone how smooth it is.

Marvelous, just marvelous.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^That's a handheld POV, somebody's actually riding that prototype!
Look at the shadow on the ground as it goes down the drop, you can clearly see some knob-jockey sticking his hands in the air.
My question is, how does one get that job??
Prototype roller coaster tester? You don't see that advertised on Monster.com do you?
So what gives?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^That's a handheld POV, somebody's actually riding that prototype!
Look at the shadow on the ground as it goes down the drop, you can clearly see some knob-jockey sticking his hands in the air.
My question is, how does one get that job??
Prototype roller coaster tester? You don't see that advertised on Monster.com do you?
So what gives?
Looking at the title of the video, it would suggest that he's from a local news agency. Presumably doing some story on local manufacturer innovation, or something of that nature.

The local news here seems to have that sort of **** on after the 'proper' news every night. :p

EDIT: Although I do agree, I wouldn't mind a go. ;)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
There's a rumour White Cyclone at Nagashima Spa Land could get the RMC treatment
I don't know how I'd feel about that. On the one hand, it has the potential to be a great coaster but is castrated by its laughable roughness. It'd be really exciting to see what RMC can do with it.
On the other hand, RMC aren't known for the graceful look of their layouts. Cyclone looks absolutely gorgeous - all those mass of supports in white - I'd hate to see it ruined.