What's new

What's next for RMC?

Ben

CF Legend
jackdude101 said:
Of these, if we want to determine which will be the most likely to get RMC'd, we can cut the two non-US entries in Brazil and Japan off the bat, as RMC hasn't done anything outside the US yet. Next, we can probably cut the two entries for Cedar Fair, as RMC has not done business with them yet. So, we are now left with American Eagle at SFGA and the Boss at SFSL. Of these two, I'd say the Boss is the most likely to get RMC'd, as it has a more suitable layout for that. Plus, SFGA already has a brand-new wooden roller coaster from RMC (although, if American Eagle were RMC'd, SFGA would become the first park to have more than one RMC roller coaster).

Sorry where is Mexico if it's not outside of the US?

Or Sweden for that matter?

This whole post is so illogical it makes me want to cry. Literally by this count Roar and Twisted Twins wouldn't be getting done!

Don't you think maybe it's a possibility for example SFA may do their Roar to be a Joker clone?

Not everything can be done by a **** formulae and a spreadsheet just I don't know, think?

jackdude101

Roller Poster
Ben said:
jackdude101 said:
Of these, if we want to determine which will be the most likely to get RMC'd, we can cut the two non-US entries in Brazil and Japan off the bat, as RMC hasn't done anything outside the US yet. Next, we can probably cut the two entries for Cedar Fair, as RMC has not done business with them yet. So, we are now left with American Eagle at SFGA and the Boss at SFSL. Of these two, I'd say the Boss is the most likely to get RMC'd, as it has a more suitable layout for that. Plus, SFGA already has a brand-new wooden roller coaster from RMC (although, if American Eagle were RMC'd, SFGA would become the first park to have more than one RMC roller coaster).

This whole post is so illogical it makes me want to cry. Literally by this count Roar and Twisted Twins wouldn't be getting done!

Don't you think maybe it's a possibility for example SFA may do their Roar to be a Joker clone?

Not everything can be done by a **** formulae and a spreadsheet just I don't know, think?

Those other roller coasters you mentioned are not in my post because they do not go faster than 100 kph and are/or not older than 15 years, as I specified. Also, if you observe carefully, I did not bring any score calculations into the conversation. It is pure raw data only that I am talking about in this instance. In cases like these, it really helps if you read the ENTIRE post before you respond.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Statistics don't matter. Roar was 16 years old, was only 96 feet tall, and went 50 mph. Twisted Twins was 17, 80 feet tall, and went 55 mph. Those both got RMC'd. You need to realize that statistics mean nothing in the coaster community.

Ben

CF Legend
jackdude101 said:
Ben said:
jackdude101 said:

Those other roller coasters you mentioned are not in my post because they do not go faster than 100 kph and are/or not older than 15 years, as I specified. Also, if you observe carefully, I did not bring any score calculations into the conversation. It is pure raw data only that I am talking about in this instance. In cases like these, it really helps if you read the ENTIRE post before you respond.

Omg you're so RUDE!

Your method of determining these things by age and speed is flawed. Wrong, in fact. Even moronic. I read your post, it's stupid.

As I stated the two RMCs done THIS YEAR would not be happening according to your calculations. It is wrong, wrong, wrong. So do not speak to me like I'm thick.

jackdude101

Roller Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
You need to realize that statistics mean nothing in the coaster community.

If roller coasters stats don't matter to people in the roller coaster community or anyone else, then why are there multiple websites that contain databases for those stats? Yeah, I get that the nothing beats traveling to a ride and experiencing it firsthand, but stats for key technical features of the ride in large part set the stage for that experience to happen. The idea of writing off roller coaster stats as completely unimportant should be reconsidered.

jackdude101

Roller Poster
Ben said:
Omg you're so RUDE!

Your method of determining these things by age and speed is flawed. Wrong, in fact. Even moronic. I read your post, it's stupid.

As I stated the two RMCs done THIS YEAR would not be happening according to your calculations. It is wrong, wrong, wrong. So do not speak to me like I'm thick.

There's absolutely nothing rude about what I said. At minimum, I'm not throwing around petty insults. Yes, I'm aware those other rides got RMC'd. What I'm saying is if you want to give RMC treatment to a ride that hasn't received it yet, look for the one that should get it the most, and I believe that is one of the faster old-style woodies that Six Flags still has, which is The Boss at SFSL.

mouse

Giga Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
You need to realize that statistics mean nothing in the coaster community.
That's not true - stats mean A LOT in the coaster community. Length, height, speed etc is a key part of the development, construction and classification of coasters.

Saying that they can't be used to explain everything - for example in this case. Just because you have a database of stats doesn't make what you say fact.

Ben

CF Legend
jackdude101 said:
Ben said:
Omg you're so RUDE!

There's absolutely nothing rude about what I said. At minimum, I'm not throwing around petty insults. Yes, I'm aware those other rides got RMC'd. What I'm saying is if you want to give RMC treatment to a ride that hasn't received it yet, look for the one that should get it the most, and I believe that is one of the faster old-style woodies that Six Flags still has, which is The Boss at SFSL.

The way you post is exceptionally rude.

Just use your head to determine what would be a good candidate for the treatment, your formulae is not going to work.

jackdude101

Roller Poster
Ben said:

I think you have an exceptionally low tolerance for that compared to other people, then. We need not get our knickers in a twist everytime someone has a different opinion or a different way of doing things.

Ben

CF Legend
jackdude101 said:
Ben said:

I think you have an exceptionally low tolerance for that compared to other people, then. We need not get our knickers in a twist everytime someone has a different opinion or a different way of doing things.

Literally everyone thinks the way you post is rude and obnoxious.

Who do you think you are?!

nadroJ

CF Legend
^^it's not having an opinion, it's the know it all attitude portrayed by the way you choose to put your opinion across. I agree that you are extremely rude and condescending in the way that you post. It's hard to come across correctly sometimes online so definitely a good idea to think a little more carefully about the way you word things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Maybe PM Jackdude to specify exactly what comments you guys are finding to be rude and condescending, but please don't have arguments like these in topics.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Bump and back on topic.

It seems that rumors are spreading about Six Flags Over Georgia are going to be closing Georgia Cyclone at some point during the 2016 season - apparently as early as the end of July. Wicked Cyclone II?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
^And possibly Wild One too...?

Wicked Cyclone will provide an interesting comparison point - Doubt they'll be clones, but they'll have to follow the same course. Certainly a compelling scenario.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^I'd see Roar getting a Joker clone more likely than Wild One.

As for the WC thing, it's not the highest chance of happening. Their layouts were fairly different different. Although, I do think the elements will be similar; drop into overbank, zero-g stall/roll, turn with 2-3 mini overbanks, double down, twisted hill, overbank, zero-g roll, airtime hill, another one of those multi-overbank turns, another twisted airtime hill OR another zero-g roll/stall, turn into brakes.

Like I said, not 100% different, but also not a clone.