What's new

What's next for RMC?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: What's next for RMC? New Concept Coaster (page 4)

Indeed, The Lagoon Roll and T-Rex Inversion appear to be more like a zero-g roll vs. inline twist, with the Lagoon Roll a slower inversion experience, similar to an inline twist.

1:50 for Lagoon Roll
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5pmYeo60Fs[/youtube]

1:24 for Inline Twist
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MMElDDxaIk[/youtube]

if anything, I'd anticipate the T-Rex inversion to come across like the Zero-G Stall on Goliath. (0:30)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oefUJZU5ms[/youtube]

Lofty

CF Legend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyOJ9pMxHj4&feature=share[/youtube]
It reminds me of a modern day version of the Mack Bobsled coasters with the configuration of the trains.

Intricks

Strata Poster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1-OFEN81I&feature=youtu.be[/youtube] [Edit - Fixed the Youtube link - be sure to use the [Youtube] brackets and copy the whole Youtube URL :) - Hyde]

So this is the TRwx track concept. Interesting thing of note is the full-throttle type rocking launch which leads into a dueling bit.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The Raptor video is more extreme than I thought it would be. I'm not surprised by the trains though. The track looked looked tiny from pics so I couldn't see them having 2-across trains. Though thinking about it now, that's not very good logic.

I was so confused at first (with the T Rex video), I'm pretty sure that other train is going backwards. I do love the concept and layout in the video. Like TC but without the pace killing 2nd lift hill.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Enjoy both concepts. The first one reminds me a drunken Expedition GeForce, and the second has some cool elements for proof of concept.

It is, in every sense, RMC's entry into the steel roller coaster world. Who wouldn't enjoy that? :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Lofty said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyOJ9pMxHj4&feature=share[/youtube]
It reminds me of a modern day version of the Mack Bobsled coasters with the configuration of the trains.

RMC MEGA LITE!

Both looks great! RMC is going to do very well in the steel world. I'm very excited to see what'll happen in the near future.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I'm (happily) eating my words - well, sort of.

The Trex and Raptor layouts we've seen here do look fantastic - they're sure to be brilliant coasters, and will be an amazing entrance to the steel market for RMC. Don't know if their first orders will have layouts like these, but they're certainly rather impressive prototypes!

Maybe I read too much into Jerry and Fred Grubb's comments in that sneak-peak video, but I really got the impression it was going to be a "forget everything you know about steel coaster design" type product. The new layouts are certainly impressive, but they're just extending concepts we've seen before. Having seen the lunacy that is Karnan (Hansa Park) and Cannibal (Lagoon), or the shuttle coaster concept like Full Throttle (SFMM), I think RMC have just managed to figure out a good way to combine all of these.

I can appreciate that they are probably keeping some things up their sleeves, and it's a brand new product for them, so they might not want to go too big right away. We can clearly see the amazing developments between New Texas Giant back in 2011 and, for example, Twisted Colossus in 2015, so I've no doubt we'll see this concept develop even further. Obviously there might be benefits to the manufacturing process and final product costs too, which is another massive positive that shouldn't be overlooked. I'd be interested to know how the costs compare to other products from other manufacturers.

I feel like I'm being overly dismissive of the concept - I'm really not meaning to be! I think they do look great, and I can't wait for a park to pick one up and see what RMC can do for real (and to ride one!). I think I was just expecting something a bit more unique at it's very core - rather than just being an amazing combination of things we're somewhat familiar with.

EDIT: Just for clarity, they do look brilliant, I'm just moaning... :lol:

John Knotts

Mega Poster

I'm looking forward to RMC's take on a Maverick style coaster, which will likely be the cheaper product for a park that held off due to cost.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

^ I think we in essence have between both of the ride layout concepts shared at IAAPA.

Low-to-the-ground turns and transitions, airtime hills, launch features, and inversions; these all are in the realm of doable.

To Hixee's point, RMC certained have a veiled fanfare on what was possible with the T-Rex design. It's nice to see what they can do at this current state, which is execute layouts very similar to the competition. There is still that hopeful side of every enthusiast who hopes there is more to come... but I'll gladly settle with these current designs if needed! :razz:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

On a totally different note,

I was recently at the Brew Kettle, a local Ohio brewery that sourced the Rougabrew Lager CP used as promo this year. Turns out they did some additional beers for Halloweekends (http://thebrewkettle.com/cedarpoint/), including:

CedarPoint-Iron-Horse-Porter.png

Mean Streak Iron Horse confirmed! :razz:

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I would say that tease Hyde posted practically confirms RMC Mean Streak :firestarter:

Ok "confirms" is going too far but its not very subtle.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Does Tony Clark drink that on his lunch with RMC? :p

Superbatboy

Roller Poster

I'm actually more excited for the raptor track since that will mean more mega lite style coasters in the U.S.

andrus

Giga Poster

Intricks said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP1-OFEN81I&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

So this is the TRwx track concept. Interesting thing of note is the full-throttle type rocking launch which leads into a dueling bit.
Ohh, how did I miss the renderings of these rides?? >< Sorry for being late to the party, but I just have to coment on this:

Just like we speculated I find it hard to see how this will "revolutionize the industry". The support distance seems fairly standard in the renderings as does the turn radius. So what's left to revolutionize is the layouts of the coasters.. Does RMC succeed with that? Well, they certainly look great! The raptor track coaster look very similar to the Chance GT-X, with a couple of inversions thrown in. Which might not be so surpricing after all since it's the same people who designed it! The TRex coaster on the other hand looks like a beast! Really love the duelling bit at the end :--D

So all in all: a couple of nice layouts, but nothing new and revolutionizing. Of course I still hope that RMC are keeping some things up their sleeves, like Hixee suggested. But even if they don't, it'll still be great investments for any park interested! Just not revolutionizing.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

RMC just released more info on their their new compact coaster projects - the Raptor single rail/track mega-lite and a wooden coaster that utilizes topper track. I like both designs, but the woodie. <3 Nice to see them put stuff out there that small to medium parks can afford.

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/155035864[/vimeo]

raptor-track.jpg

raptor-train.jpg

compact-wooden-coaster.jpg

compact-wooden-coaster-car.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Yup, it seems like it. Exactly the same.

Quite a neat idea I think. :lol:

jackdude101

Roller Poster
I'd say start with looking at all of the old tech wooden roller coasters (rough riders without new things like Topper Track, Timberliner Trains, etc.) that are 15 years old or more (that seems to be the average age for a roller coaster) and go 100 kph (~62.14 mph) or faster. There are six roller coasters (seven if you count a twin roller coaster as two) worldwide that fit this description and are listed in the attachment below.

Of these, if we want to determine which will be the most likely to get RMC'd, we can cut the two non-US entries in Brazil and Japan off the bat, as RMC hasn't done anything outside the US yet. Next, we can probably cut the two entries for Cedar Fair, as RMC has not done business with them yet. So, we are now left with American Eagle at SFGA and the Boss at SFSL. Of these two, I'd say the Boss is the most likely to get RMC'd, as it has a more suitable layout for that. Plus, SFGA already has a brand-new wooden roller coaster from RMC (although, if American Eagle were RMC'd, SFGA would become the first park to have more than one RMC roller coaster).

Attachments

• Roller Coaster Rankings (RMC Candidates).png
    Roller Coaster Rankings (RMC Candidates).png
    56.8 KB · Views: 39