What's new

What was your first coaster with an inversion?

Clrun4

Roller Poster
Mine was Rocn'n'Roller Coaster at the Walt Disney Studios in Paris.

Wasn't not aware at all it has inversions until we get at the hotel lobby and see on a tv the train going through the corkscrew.
I remember being a bit freaked out, but mostly hyped to go invert.

For the record, I didn't either it has a launch, and when we arrived in the station, and saw the train being launched, we were a bit shocked ! It seems so fast. Loved it after riding it, done 5 times in a day.

PvM

Roller Poster
If I remember correctly it was either Wervelwind or Looping Star at Bobbejaanland back in the 90's

GamingCoasterGirl

Roller Poster
For me, it was Maverick. I personally enjoy the low-to-the-ground layout and it's two launches. Back row on Maverick has some of the strongest air-time I've experienced since Magnum XL200 and Steel Vengeance.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
To be honest, I am not 100% certain, as I was 11 in 1994, and I rode both the Missile at American adventure (Boomerang) and Nemesis at AT that year. I’m inclined to believe that unfortunately it was the boomerang first. Both special rides to me though to be fair. Nemesis remained my number 1 for over 20 years... And I went on to clock well over 1000 rides on the boomerang.

JamesB

Mega Poster
Mines uncertain too, its either one of these three according to my records:

Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril, DLP
Space Mountain, DLP
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, WD Studios

astead04

Roller Poster
Nemesis at Alton Towers. 2012. Aged 10.
Went into it absolutely terrified simply because I'd never been on an upside down roller coaster up to that point.
Couldn't stop smiling when I came off.

jay37415

Mega Poster
As always, gonna show my age here but mine was Double Loop at Geauga Lake. Back when they had only 3 major coasters.

I grew up with Kennywood as my home park but I wasn't tall enough for Laser Loop yet.

vdch34278

Roller Poster
Cedar Point's Corkscrew. It actually wasn't rough like some people said, I remember some rough spots where there was a little headbanging but it wasn't over the top.