What's new

What was your first coaster with an inversion?

Fi

Mega Poster
Cop Car Chase at Mobie Park Germany, and I probably wouldn’t have gone on if I’d realised it had inversions but I loved it.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Millennium coaster at fantasy island, which happened to be my first coaster credit age 8.

A 150ft lift hill and 100ft vertical loop, followed by sidewinder and another loop, is pretty good going despite the rest of the layout being that of a mine train more than anything else.

Alex B

Mega Poster
I can’t remember because I got enough balls to ride steel force @dorney park one day and I rode other big ones the rest of the day like hydra or talon I can’t remember which one was first

rob666

Hyper Poster
Had to look this up!
Revolution at Blackpool apparently.
Corkscrew at Alton the year after.
Both in their opening seasons, a few days after opening.
Old enough to forget the order!

Lunatic

Roller Poster
Intamin suspended coaster called Tornado at Särkänniemi amusement park, year was 2007 and I was around 12 years old back then. Good memories, and I still think it's a pretty decent ride. My second coaster was Zamperla's Volare (Trombi) though, that one I'd rather like to forget.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Same as @rob666 , Revolution at Blackpool, early 1980's (precise year unknown), shortly followed by Corkscrew at Alton Towers in, I think, 1984.
#oldtimers