What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

Edward M

Strata Poster
andrus said:
Edward M said:
I305...just shouldn't have been put that close to the ground.
Why?

At 90 mph, that first turn shouldn't have been there. I like intense rides but, damn. What rides goes into a wide turn at the bottom of a 300 foot one? I blacked out for well over 5 seconds. The twisties were fun but that first turn just killed the ride for me.

Darren B

Giga Poster
The Smiler is massively overrated. It looks impressive, it doesn't ride as awfully as the other larger Gerstlauer's, but it's not a Nemesis beater.

I do like what Gerstlauer are doing with their Infinity coaster though, they seem to be ironing out all the faults with their previous larger instalments, and have put out a brand new coaster type to say "look at this, we've finally got it right!". They could, just maybe, be serious contenders in a few years with Intamin and B&M.

Link below to their Infinity coaster page, The Smiler and Karacho (Tripsdrill) are the only 2 so far.

www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/roller ... y-coaster/

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I'm actually starting to feel that Goliath in Walibi is a bit overrated. Especially after riding Silver Star. It just doesn't have THAT much airtime, the first drop is pretty small compared to the hypers, the stengel dive is awesome, the helices are just boring and bland, I do like the s-hills inbetween the helices (not sure what they're called). Overall it's a great coaster, but not as good as most people make it out to be in my opinion. It lacks airtime.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
Millennium Force (Ridden it)
There is no way this is the best steel coaster. I rode this in the front and the back. The drop is good, but the ride just has a terrible layout. Yes it is fast, but little airtime and just banked turns. It doesn't even rank in my top three at the park. Bizarro, Skyrush, Maverick, and Nitro I enjoyed more than this. Good ride, but no way is it the best in the world. Millennium basically has three airtime hills, Bizarro has about 8. Enjoyed it but not the best.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
The Smiler is very overrated. I'm not to sure why people are even classing it in the same category as Nemesis, but it doesn't beat much apart from whoever's riding it!

Furious Baco's launch is great, but the twisting and turning before the inline is very boring and rattly even though you are travelling at some speed. After the inline over the lake however is great.

GeForce

Roller Poster
I have to say Manhatten Express aka The Rollercoaster at NYNY, the only impressive part of this coaster is the view you get on the Vegas Strip at night. Other than that ,it just beats the **** out of you.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^In what way is it overrated though? I don't think I've ever read a positive review of the thing.

GeForce

Roller Poster
Unfortunately I did, a lot of people I spoke to said it was rough but not terrible and if we would have a chance to ride,it we should do it because it is a must ride and one of the things you simply have to do in Vegas. I wasn´t part of CF at that time so I checked tripadvisor and it´s rated good(4/5) even some traveller sites recommended riding it. That´s what makes it overrated for me :p

Lofty

CF Legend
GeForce said:
…even some traveller sites recommended riding it.

That's what you get for listening to those pesky gypsies ;)

I think one of the most overrated coasters I've rode is Cheetah Hunt. Even though most people say "Yeah. It's ok", that's overrated, it's utter dog ****.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

CedarPoint27

Roller Poster
Millenium force is pretty overrated for what it is the layout gets boring after the first overbanked turn. But dont get me wrong millenium is a great coaster it just gets to much hype.

BBH

Giga Poster
Among the GP? Raging Bull, V2, Demon from what I've ridden. Superman was actually quite good fun, not so much thrilling or intense as it was just a quality experience.

Among enthusiasts? None that I've ridden.

Posted while reading your mind.

tribar

Mega Poster
BBH said:
Among the GP? Raging Bull, V2, Demon from what I've ridden. Superman was actually quite good fun, not so much thrilling or intense as it was just a quality experience.

Demon? Why do you say that? The ride hardly has a line and most of the people I know hate it.

BBH

Giga Poster
tribar said:
BBH said:

Demon? Why do you say that? The ride hardly has a line and most of the people I know hate it.

A lot of people do give it some credit but it's simply unbearable to ride. The transitions are absolutely abysmal.

CedarPoint27

Roller Poster
Have ridden Millenium Force i can say that it is very overrated intimidator 305 looks alot better. But dont get me wrong i LOVE Millenium Force but it dosent deserve the hype it gets.

mad mouse

Roller Poster
probably oblivion it doesn't do much really and it isn't actually vertical at all its drop is 85 degrees and not vertical!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I'd probably say Nemesis. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic ride, and easily one of the best in the UK, but I fail to see how it beats certain other rides for the "best in the UK title". Personally I am more of a drop/negative g fan, and Nemesis never really stands out in either of these areas. Sure, the inversions and the positive g's are amazing, but i'd rate Oblivion and Swarm much higher than Nemesis. Ha, controversial opinion I know.

D1993

Hyper Poster
I'm surprised that Millennium Force wasn't mentioned immediately.
I think it's a fun ride, but not even close to deserving a number one title.