What's new

What Is The Most Forceful Ride You Have Ever Been On?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
STC said:
Whole of Deja Vu
QFT! Not even the Batman clones match the intensity of this baby.

As far as helix's are concerned, well I would say that Goliath at SFoG is more intense than it's namesake at SFMM, but that might have more to do with the drop that follows as I've actually blacked out on it a couple of times.

andrus

Giga Poster
The most forceful ride I've ever been on? Definitley Vertigo at Tivoli Gardens!! This beast can pull of 5 G's constantly during 2 minutes! Sounds insane? It is!

It's an interactive ride where you yourself can spin your "airplane" a fully 360 degress while determine the speed the plane fly at as well. In "turbo" mode the plane pull off 5 G-forces, when I visited the last time me and my friends went "turbo" for the 2 complete minutes of the ride and I nearly blacked out at the end.. Awesome as hell!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI5WVjvuLSI&NR=1

A

Anonymous

Pieman said:
Oh, I almost forgot this one; Expedition Everest has a REALLY intense moment in the backwards section. I find it to be the best part of the ride, for me, but it's got some really strong positives, especially in the back.

Yeah I definitely noticed that too, it was pretty intense, my favorite part also. I haven't been on any coasters that are really intense all the way through but the overbank on Millennium Force and loop on Batman the Dark Knight at Six Flags New England really got to me, I don't think I handle G forces very well.

andrus

Giga Poster
^Does Rita really pull of 4.7 g's? It surely doesn't feel so intense, do you have a source for that?

A

Anonymous

^^ Desert Race which is a "clone" of Rita barely pulls 4 g's, so 4.7 seems to be a bit much.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Whole ride would be Intimidator 305 (although I rode it pre-trim, I doubt it can be that much different)
Single element would be Manta's pretzel loop. Holy eff. I coulda sworn I was gonna melt through the seat.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Batman at SFGAdv, made me feel a little bit woozy considering the weather conditions I rode it in. Also, Nitro where it goes into the helix, I kept blacking out every time.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I've probably mentioned this before but Pleasure Beach's Wild Mouse! Each corner feels as if it's going to rip my torso in half.

I also went on this fairground ride the other day thats a lot like enterprise, however stays parallel to the floor and bumps up and down every so often; it wasn't incredibly forceful but there was some pretty nice sustained forces for a good while at full speed. I came off feeling as if i was flying.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
Hmm I could of sworn I posted in here but I haven't xD anyways as for coasters I'd probably say Khan, Nemesis, Stealth, Baco, Oblivion and the second half of The Ultimate.

For flats I'd say Detonator, Slammer (back row), Apocalypse Stand-Up, Hydromax at Pleasure Island (which gave me pins and needles in my feet as it spun so fast) and I'd say The Beast at Fantasy Island aswell. :)

I'll add more if I can remember anymore.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Stealth, just because it's the only coaster to have casued me permanent injury :evil:
'Now you tell me that's the dodgy seat...'

Flat rides... The Slammer at Thorpe (love this ride)

(Not really a ride but the simulation rocket take off at Kennedy Space Centre gives the illusion of a huge amount of force. You literally rise up out of your seat once it stops because you feel so weightless returning to normal)