What's new

What Is The Most Forceful Ride You Have Ever Been On?

Rush

Giga Poster
Peter said:
Most forceful has to be aerobatics in a plane - 6G sustained for a few seconds through a loop is amazing! :--D

This.

Coaster-wise, definitely Alpengeist. Really high forces at the bottom of all the drops and the cobra roll is the most insane experience I've ever had on a coaster; phenomely snappy and the lead out really makes your food go down quickly.

The first ride I've ever come off with jelly-legs after one go on it. <3

Jools

Giga Poster
Probably Oblivion on the drop, as I have never been at the front on Nemesis :( Probably why I prefer Inferno still, when I go on the 22nd, I might try get close to the front :?

Peter

Hyper Poster
If it's most forcefull ride and not coaster, it has to be Vertigo at Tivoli Gardens on the Euro Live.

For those that don't know what it is, it's like an interactive booster ride where you can control the axis and speed of the ride, or run it in automatic setting. There is a turbo button that pushes you up to about 5.5G for a few seconds - the most intense force you'll find in a theme park IMO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiypxugjcUg&feature=related[/youtube]

They need more of these!

Kebab

Giga Poster
Peter said:
If it's most forcefull ride and not coaster, it has to be Vertigo at Tivoli Gardens on the Euro Live.

For those that don't know what it is, it's like an interactive booster ride where you can control the axis and speed of the ride, or run it in automatic setting. There is a turbo button that pushes you up to about 5.5G for a few seconds - the most intense force you'll find in a theme park IMO.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiypxugjcUg&feature=related[/youtube]

They need more of these!

Wow, I've seen something like this on RCT3, I didn't actually knew they existed! They're insane!

On-topic; I have to agree with Lofty, Dragon Khan makes me reach the point of blackouts exiting the first vertical loop!

STC

Mega Poster
There's a lot of crazy forces at Magic Mountain:
  • I found the second half of Batman (after the second loop) to be very intense, especially the dive into the second corkscrew causing a lot of blood rushing to the feet!
    Goliath's helix I whited out on and lost vision for about 5 seconds every time, probably due to the heat as well.
    Tatsu's pretzel is probably the most intense element I've ever been on, found it hard to breath and it made me choke.
    Whole of Deja Vu and X2's first drop
Outside of Magic Mountain:
  • Nemmy's helix.
    The "psycho drop" on Knightmare at Camelot.
    Booster rides at fairs.
    Stealth and Xcellerator's launches.

Beans

Hyper Poster
For me I would say either Nemesis's back row outside seats.
Stealths pull up can be forceful
Mavvy's twists and turns.

For flats it has to be Slammer.

A

Anonymous

The most forceful ride ive ever been on is gwazi at busch gardens in tampa. even though its a woodie, boy i would never go on that again to save my life.

Kebab

Giga Poster
STC said:
Booster rides at fairs.
In my opinion; these seriously suck. They're pretty much forceless, sluggish and I barely go upside down more than 3 times.

Afterburners are a lot better; and also pull some pretty high G's when at full height swing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Don't really know if it is technically, but one I remember being really forceful is Kumba, it's just relentless!

Darren B

Giga Poster
Stealth for me is the most forceful ride i have rode on, the launch is incredible and as you brake over the camel hump you get forced out of your seat.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just remembered - the final helix on Lisebergbanananaaaanaaman! Made my back collapse! :lol:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I'm going to reaffirm SpinSpider. When the ride is at its wildest, going backwards... it seriously felt like someone was standing on my shoulders, and I felt the forces push my collarbone down. Completely sick positives there.

Xpress

Strata Poster
I'm definately syaing that SFMM's Batman The Ride has tons of force in the helix, and then on Goliaths first drop and helix. Now those are forces to DIE for :D

Silver Bullet and Xcelerator also have plenty of forces that are worth the weight, same as GhostRiders tossing sensation.

For the most verticals, I'd say Colossus at SFMM. Those last sets of airtime hills are almost painful to ride :shock:

A

Anonymous

I really think the Batman clones give off quite some force. But the most forceful coaster I have been on is Titan at Six Flags Over Texas. The 540 degree helixes before the mid-course brake-run is definately something to remember!

Ben

CF Legend
Xpress said:
Silver Bullet ... have plenty of forces that are worth the weight
For the most verticals, I'd say Colossus at SFMM. Those last sets of airtime hills are almost painful to ride :shock:

Hahahaha

Ha

Ha

Ha

No.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
STC said:
There's a lot of crazy forces at Magic Mountain:
  • I found the second half of Batman (after the second loop) to be very intense, especially the dive into the second corkscrew causing a lot of blood rushing to the feet!
    Goliath's helix I whited out on and lost vision for about 5 seconds every time, probably due to the heat as well.
    Tatsu's pretzel is probably the most intense element I've ever been on, found it hard to breath and it made me choke.
    Whole of Deja Vu and X2's first drop
Outside of Magic Mountain:
  • Nemmy's helix.
    The "psycho drop" on Knightmare at Camelot.
    Booster rides at fairs.
    Stealth and Xcellerator's launches.

I found the psycho drop not THAT forcefull, it was very forcefull, but not 5G. I toughtthe pullouts either side of the air hill more intense.
Nemesis' helix was probably the most intense moment.

Some of the air hills on Nash are up there, as I don't wear the seatbelt and leave the bar as high as I can get away with, so I really fly into the bar with lots of force and therefore lots of pain.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Catapult at SFNE really surprised me. That thing is possibly one of the most intense rides I've been on, coaster or not. Superman's pretzel loop pulls quite a few Gs too.

Oh, I almost forgot this one; Expedition Everest has a REALLY intense moment in the backwards section. I find it to be the best part of the ride, for me, but it's got some really strong positives, especially in the back.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
SFMM's Batman and Invertigo at CGA and KI. Batman is good forceful and Iivertigo is just...bad. Tatsu's pretzel loop gets my vote for the most forceful element, with Goliath at SFMM close after that. X2 is pretty intense also.