What's new

What do you think is more exciting? (speed OR height)

What do you think is more exciting?

• sheer of height/scary views from the top of the ride

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • speeding 3 feet above the ground 100 miles per hour

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Both, I can't make a choice.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

I couldn't really make a choice... the greatest coasters I've been on blend the two aspects to create an all-around thrilling experience (Superman:Ride of Steel, Nitro, Etc.)

Mat

Hyper Poster
I love both. Take stealth (yes stealth again) the launch is very quick and exciting and also being at the top on the 205ft tower is also very exciting. So basically if they are used correctly then I love them both.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
At first I was gunna say, how can you have height but not speed? But I did forget there are more and more coasters now which are very low lying and fast.

Speed all the way. Not much to say, without that...just what's the fun?
And yeah it can be the sensation of speed. Some of these wooden ones barely crack 50mph but holy hell do they feel fast!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
oooh - this is an oldie!

Anyway - for looking at, height looks scarier, for riding, height does feel scary, but speed feels better!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Definitely speed.

Traveling at insane speeds close to the ground (Boulder Dash) is way more exciting than slowly climbing a tall lift hill of a mega coaster.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Speed

I do enjoy height, but just the wind in your hair and your eyes feeling like they are drying up and shriveling is amazing.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Speed for me, a short but intense drop which has major speed is great. I also prefer the lower end of the Intamin accelerators, so height isn't everything.

GeForce

Roller Poster
I selected both because it´s the combination that makes a coaster great in my opinion. Dropping down 200+ feet with 100+ km/h is just awesome if the ride has great airtime too, there is a pretty good chance that I will love the coaster.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Both together is fantastic, but I went for speed. If somethings high but not fast then after you'be had the initial enjoyment of looking at views then it can become quite dull. Something smaller but fast never loses my interest.