What's new

What do you think is better??? Rita or Nemesis???

N or R?

• Nemesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

c&r

Mega Poster
Untill you ride something good? :p.

Nemesis is way better, even if I did only get crap rides this year.

tks

Strata Poster
Nemesis always leaves me feeling pretty disorientated after getting off it. I remember coming off my first ride ever this was about 4/5 years ago and it really messed up my head for a while.

Rita has a good start and yes it doesn't stop going all round the track. But it's just too short and over too fast to enjoy. Plus I will never queue 2 hours for it again. I wouldn't even want to queue 1 hour. 10 minutes single rider queue at the beginning of the day please!

Nemesis doesn't really stop getting faster until you come out of the loop. And you've already had some huge forces thrown at you. The helix I find so much more intense than Rita's G's. I swear Rita doesn't pull +4.7..

Theming.. On Nemesis you have the awesome station, leg chopper moments throughout the ride and the cherryade waterfalls.

Rita has a queueline for theming. Excellent :roll:

Overall Nemesis was an incredibly well thought out ride which is one of the worlds best rides.

Rita.. A quick fix to keep the crowds happy. I would've much prefered to see Ugland stay as it was and for Alton to concentrate on getting the whole park looking nice. Getting rid of Air's concrete tunnels for a start.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
Alton Towers claimed that Rita was the 'best ride' in the park on their official website. A lot of people took this seriously and not as a bit of PR like they should have done, and furiously defended mainly Nemesis' right to the top spot at AT.

Nemesis has the package. The location, the uniqueness, the theming, the relentlessness, the force, the layout - everything.

While Rita is a good ride and certainly is very forceful for not just the launch, but for much of the rest of the layout - the layout is extremely weak. Theming is minimal, the location is not the best and while it does have atmosphere what with the excellent Thunder Rock Rally Radio, the atmosphere doesn't beat that of Nemesis'.

The effect of Rita on me before, during and after was that of any new, scary ride. I mean, this was a totally different experience as it was the first launched coaster I'd ever been on, so yes, I came off weak at the knees, breath-taken and prone to stumbling. :lol: However, I've found that the effect does wear off after multiple rides. Of course, this happens with most rides, but I find that after the first ride on Nemesis, the effect it has on me is pretty much consistent. I still come off with tears streaming down my face, laughing and declaring the ride I'd just had to be the best ride I'd ever had on Nemesis.

Experimenting with seat positions is good - the back rows on both rides provide much more forceful experiences - especially more noticeable on Rita, I think. Front row is great on Rita, but I reserve the best ride I ever had EVER on a coaster to be a ride I had on the last official day of season, last season - on Nemesis. It was in the morning, there'd been a torrential downpour of rain - there were warnings going out over the tannoy not to ride if guests did not want to experience a rougher, wilder ride - and we deliberately took our places on the front row.

It was fantastic, the rain beating down on us stung our face, blinded us, pulled down my hat over my face - leaving us completely disorientated and stunned - of course, the ride was marginally faster and wilder - it was just great.

Rita? Won't even work in the rain!

A

Anonymous

I'd say Nemesis 110%! The scenery, storyline, the amount of time it's been there, memories of riding it countless times and still enjoying it, the great feeling of speedily dipping around the scenery, and even the musical score that's played and tells the story while your in the queue. The musical track for Nemesis is fantastic. Definetly my favourite ride of Alton Towers. Like a fine wine, it only gets better with age and still increases to amaze and dazzle guests.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Errrm, Nemesis. Nothing wrong with Rita in my opinion, but Nemesis is more of a complete coaster any day of le week.

A

Anonymous

No question about it Nemesis all the way, it's the Hulk Hogan of british rollercoasters.

A

Anonymous

Myk said:
No question about it Nemesis all the way, it's the Hulk Hogan of british rollercoasters.

What old and way past its sell by date :p

I prefer Rita, but then Nemesis was extremely dissapointing for me. :cry:

A

Anonymous

Now let me think................ err.............. NEMESIS!!!. It's just amazing!!!. Rita has got most of the crowds because it's the new ride and a rollercoaster. I admit rita's launch is the best experience ever and its launch from 0-60 is faster than anything in the world except than a dragster car,but, nemesis lasts a couple of seconds longer and is scarier and more exciting and a marvelous rollercoaster and is the best i've ever ridden and why despite of the 20min que when i went last year it was the only ride i went on all day, 11 times in 1 day.

Ben

CF Legend
I admit rita's launch is the best experience ever and its launch from 0-60 is faster than anything in the world except than a dragster car,

I'm sorry I have to do this but... HA HA HA LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!

Maybe you should take a look at all the other launch coasters out there that are faster? Even I'm not that big a Rita Fan.

Sam

Giga Poster
clorley@wanadoo.co.uk said:
Rita has got most of the crowds because it's the new ride and a rollercoaster.

And there was silly old me thinking that Nemesis was a roller coaster too! :roll:

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
Well this was really a no brainer (Great for me as i don't have a brain).
Compare Rita & Nemesis, and what can you say?
Answer: Rita has an intense 0-60mph launch- But cant think of anything else about the ride that sticks in your mind.
Nemesis- has an amazingly well themed station, its in a crater, it has a corkscrew as the first inversion, it has an intense helix, it burys itself into the ground, you think your going to hit a wall of rock at every turn, it has an amazing zero g roll on which you think you will colide with the station, It has a 3 second weightless stall turn, blood waterfalls, an incredibly tight vertical loop, amazing tunnels, a hidden wingover, and it hitsthe breaks like a train hitting a brick wall.
Thats 16 great things about nemesis compared to 1 for rita!
It easy to see which is better.
(I may have missed out some nemesis points, also the views of steve the edge walsh are not always correct)

RJM

Roller Poster
Rita's atmosphere doesn't suck! They have Wheatus playing in the queue :p.

It's a tough one, I mean, you're comparing two totally different coasters, with different good and bad parts...

Ben

CF Legend
SteveWalsh said:
it has a corkscrew as the first inversion

May I just ask why does that make it good? Corkscrew's first inversion is a corkscrew, yet that's not praised as one of the best rides ever.

Meh, Rita has an awesome launch and awesome forces, both positive and negative, Nemesis has some stones.

A

Anonymous

Vited Nemesis.... however Oblivion is 100% better then both of them. :p

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
Yeah with regards to its first inversion being a corckscrew, i mean it is unique for an inverted coaster, also you go from almost scraping the ground, to flipping upsidedown 60ft above the bottom of the crater, which is spectacular.
Also there is no way oblvion is better than nemesis, although to me Oblivion and Rita have the exact same senstion.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
stevewalsh said:
although to me Oblivion and Rita have the exact same senstion.

What's that then? A vertical drop?! A launch?! I'd say they're pretty different really, Oblivion's about 120ft taller, and goes vertically down. Rita's low, launched and has pops of airtime.

Anyway, as fun as i find Rita, its no Nemesis.

Mark

Strata Poster
Nemesis.

I really would have left that as my final word on the matter but that's called spam etc.

I didn't choose Nemesis because it is a better ride or anything like that as such but personally I enjoy it much more then Rita so therefore it is a better ride...(to me)

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Rita is worse. Rita in the rocket coaster category appears to be an average ride. Nemesis is known worldwide and is recognized as one of these superb quality coasters. It makes Nemesis better than Rita.