What's new

What do you think is better??? Rita or Nemesis???

N or R?

• Nemesis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Hey what do you think is a better ride? Rita or Nemesis???

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Nemesis all the way.
Rita it's OK but I see most as a filler ride in a poor area.
However Nemesis was really thought out and all was designed to put you into the atmosphere...

A

Anonymous

Yeah i agree Rita lacked the potential and environment on the other hand nemesis fits perfectly into the scenery!!!

Jake

Strata Poster
^ But, thats in your opinion...

I don't think either are brilliant, but Nemesis is my favorite of the two.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
What do you think is better? Having your head flushed down a dirty toilet or replying to another of these Rita Vs. Nemesis polls?

The poll wins, but only so I could stretch my sarcasm muscles in the above line! :D

To me, it's like the difference between a built on RCT ride, and the one you dump in to try and get people going to the park.

Nemesis was superbly planned and designed. Everything about it smells of posh car leather. Well designed, well placed and a great coaster.

Rita was dumped into the park because they were desperate for something to make people take notice of Alton again. There wasn't enough time for a lovely new secret weapon with loving design and effort put into it, so the quickly clicked themselves up a Rocket coaster in whatever space they could. Poorly designed, poorly placed and, erm, well actually it's quite a good coaster.

It's Nemesis all the way for me though. Every time I come off Nemesis I feel as wowed by it as the last time. Every time I come off Rita I'm amazed by how much less I enjoyed it compared to the last time. Rita is a fun little coaster and worth going on, but it's just not got that "edge"...

Macrae

Roller Poster
Rita in my eyes was a big dissapointment. The first time it seemed ok, but from then on it got steadily worse. I'm not a too bigger fan of Nemesis either, but because of the way it dives around the scenery and has a decent story behind it, Nemesis just pips it.

So yeah Nemesis

Scarlet

Mega Poster
I like both, but Nemesis is certainly better because of the atmosphere and landscaping. When you're in Forbidden Valley around Nemesis you really get into the mood and I love the music for it, the queue with the red water is excellent and the ride too is just stunning.

Rita is no doubt, very fun, I've been on it 6 times and I still enjoy it like I did the first time, but there's really not that much atmosphere over there and it isn't as exciting to be around.

So Nemesis definitely, the effort clearly shines.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Having never ridden either, here's my views.

Nemesis:
One of the best B&M inverts out there do to it's placement. The layout is nothing special, and is rather short, but the way the land and theming have been integrated into the ride make it special. From what I hear, the constant acceleration on the ride makes it vey intense and exciting. Out of all the B&M inverts in the world, I'd rank this one very high.

Rita:
Poorly designed and poorly themed. Out of all the accelerators in the world, I'd rank this dead last. It launches it turns a little bit and that's it. People say it's a fairly good ride, and I don't doubt that- it's just that in comparison to all other accelerators, they have some kinda key feature(s). Rita doesn't.

Nemesis takes it- very far ahead of Rita.

Richie

Hyper Poster
I really dislike Nemesis and it is just so over-rated it is untrue! I like rita better for the actual ride experience even though I agree it looks stupid where it is and looks like not a lot of planning went into it but it still beats Nemesis just like many things do. Rita rules!

A

Anonymous

Nemesis could be the worst roller coaster ever, and I would still vote for it. Why? Because in my eyes, that abomonation that is RITA is too ****ty to be considered a roller coaster. I hate it more than I hate anything else, its so awful I can't tell you.

Now, as it happens, Nemesis is my fave coaster, so I think thats summed it up nicely.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, between the two, both where pretty remarkable in their own categories.

I mean, both Nemesis and Rita (and Air too for that matter) show that a coaster doesn't need to be extremely tall in order to be good and provide a thrill. But, Nemesis still does outdo Rita, as it has plenty more variety than just speed and helixes. Also, the theme is indeed better with Nemesis than Rita.

So, in the end, Nemesis wins my vote.

I would have to say Nemesis is better. I have mixed feelings about both rides though, Nemesis for seemingly being over rated.. It's just a normal invert for gods sakes, but the themeing is extraordinary and better than most of the themeing of rides over here.

I have mixed feelings about Rita as well. For one, I've heard a lot of people say it's crap, and a lot of people saying it's great. The themeing isn't as impressive as Nemesis, but it's a launched coaster and has a lot of Helix's which look to be intense. (I heard there's a bit on Nemesis which is really intense as well)

They both seem to be very good rides, and if it wasn't for the themeing, I would have to say they were tied.

Sam

Giga Poster
Nemesis for me too, but Rita is close behind, it may be a dissapointment but IMO Nemesis is highly over-rated, but yeah Nemesis is better than Rita.

My ranking of rides at AT goes:

1.Oblivion
2.Nemesis
3.Rita
4.Air

~X~

Roller Poster
Nemesis!

Rita is good, its a huge adrenaline rush that delivers on the launch, however nemesis is just awesomeifying. If thats a word, yet.
I really like air too, front row on that thing is just like flying with the exception of the two-hour wait of course, and oblivion delivers what it promises. But yeah nemesis just ownz.

-X-

joe

Mega Poster
Rita suprised me this season, I felt alot better coming off compared to Nemesis. Nemesis just dosent feel as good as it did, and Rita just feels great. Alton done well for a rush coaster.

kir

Hyper Poster
The following is my opinion;

Rita is better, it's more intense, it's got raw power, it doesn't slow down or give up until the end, it's more grabbing... I could go on. I find it better than Nemesis hands down. I have to say that when I last rode Nemesis in October it wasn't as deathly bad as I found it earlier in the season, but it's definately no way near the best coaster in AT, or the UK. However it has been voted the best B&M Inverter so, congratulations through gritted teeth.

A

Anonymous

Mitch Hawker asked 313 people which was better.

His survey said:

Nemesis.

[/Les Dennis]

Nemesis in 4th place and RITA in a lowly 93rd place, that tells it's own story.

kir

Hyper Poster
Well that's me against the music really... I hold my opinion, and I honestly don't see how Nemesis beats Rita. I know the majority feel Rita is crap etc, but you can have your majority and eat it! :lol: Rita will always be my Queen.