What's new

What are you reading?

mrclam

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Smelly, how could you ever have a crush on anyone with a mushroom cut? That could possibly be one of the largest turnoffs ever.

Look - it was sexy at the time..

Fashions/hairdos which you think are sexy now will look f-ing stupid to people when you're in your 30's too

CoasterStreak

Roller Poster
I had to read 4 books this summer for my honors english class.

We had to read Slaughterhouse-Five, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Natural, and now I am reading The Lord of the Flies.

Ollie

CF Legend
The stealer's of dreams

Got a few chapters in and it's quite good. The first chapter made no sense though. But now the plot has twisted and I have no idea what's going to happen next.

It's about a city in the future where it's illigal to dream, tell stories, or tell lies. The world is run on the truth, and is ruining everyone's lives. When someone becomes 'fantasy crazy' they get arrested and taken to a place called 'The Big White House' where they have a part of their brain cut out that stops them dreaming. So the story is about a secret army trying to stop it and overpower the planet ect.

Good stuff. :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
Have finished Bone now.. best graphic novel EVER!

I encourage EVERYONE to read it.

Just picked up ben eltons "This Other Eden" for no other reason than his stuff is normally easy reading.. first 2 pages were ace too (describe an alive man getting his leg gnawed off by rats)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I get bored of Elton's books. They all follow exactly the same formula. Yes, they're witty and intelligent and stuff, but you just know exactly where it's going...

mrclam

Giga Poster
furie said:
I get bored of Elton's books. They all follow exactly the same formula. Yes, they're witty and intelligent and stuff, but you just know exactly where it's going...

Which make them perfect "on the bog" reading.

A

Anonymous

I'm reading Russell Brand's Booky Wook. It's very entertaining, and disturbing in places. A good read though even if you don't like the man. I wasn't sure about him at first, but I slowly grew to like him, and his book has made me like him even more. I'll be finished reading it soon though :( Don't know what I'll read next, hmmmm.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Just finished the trilogy of
De Fire Og Han Som Gjør Galt Verre
It's in Norwegian, so what shall I say? It's a very good fantasy trilogy, but incredibly pointless if you're not Norwegian. It is translated to Danish and Swedish too, if I remember right.

10/10.

Ben

CF Legend
I finally finished Orwell's Homage to Catalonia, I took like, a 6 week break in the middle. I enjoyed it, I think his descriptions of Spain and Spaniards are dead on - they can't run anything.

And I just started Victor Hugo's epic, Les Misérables. Wish me luck, lol.

trav

Mega Poster
I finished reading Lord Of The Flies about a week ago.

It's actually fantastic, one of the best books I've read in a while. It's one of the few books where I can honestly say I wanted to carry on reading it, and just not put it down till I finished it.

The storyline was interesting, and it was a lot more violent than I thought it would be.

9/10

I'm reading Misery, by Stephen King, again.
I can't get enough of Annie Wilkes. LOL.

OMG, I love Annie, haha. I love her in the movie, too. She plays the part fantastically! Poor Paul Sheldon, getting hobbled.

Anyway, Shopaholic and Sister, which is the fourth book out of five in the Shopaholic series. Yeah I know, pretty heavy and complicated reading on my part. Seriously though, if you like hilarious books, these are definitely the ones to go for; the main character is great, and I love how she loves shopping. Her misfortunes are also pretty funny.

9/10 so far, and I'm about halfway through.

Ollie

CF Legend
The Stone Rose: Really good so far. Took a while to get going but now it's like. :shock:
Will rate when I finish it. :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I'm reading Misery, by Stephen King, again.
I can't get enough of Annie Wilkes. LOL.

OMG, I love Annie, haha. I love her in the movie, too. She plays the part fantastically! Poor Paul Sheldon, getting hobbled.

Even now...after reading like 50 times, I read it and it's like EUGH.