What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

I just love that a coaster with such a striking name as "Thor's Hammer" is basically just a wild mouse.

^ It's actually quite an attractive coaster! ... for a wild mouse. :roll:

m1ooj8ukhi5h0mro004ha0.jpg

Martyn B said:
Neat find! That does look pretty mental, and you're right, the cars are crazy too...

16hcnm5tg80kshh0qs001l.jpg

Hey, I've been on that :D. All it does is go up, 90* turn then goes along the length of the ride, 180* turn, down that dip you see then it goes inside and you get severe concusion...

I think.

lf5e1c84f9h1544002obga.jpg

My god, these trains are nightmare inducing!

Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Ben said:
Not exactly weird or wacky, just awesome, but, look at their placement of a Booster!

2010112501202751111.jpg

It reminds me quite a lot of Tibidabo, but, without the Fabbris falling down...

That looks so cool! Does anyone know the name of it?

^Sky Wheel is the ride. The resort is called the OCT Resort.

^The thing I love about that helix is the evac-platform all the way around the edge! :lol:

The F1 car is a novelty and for me it's a bit old now. :)

They are stange, but I've seen a lot of POV's of Japanese coasters with them, so its probably the norm over there.

^I don't pay a massive amount of attention to that sort of stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's just Meisho that use those weird tyre brake things. I can't think of any other company's coasters that I've seen them on anyway.

So it's not really a "Japanese" thing necessarily. It's just that Meisho haven't really done much outside Japan.

Bullet at Flamingo Land, apart from just being a weird ride in the first place, had banked station track. Can't say that that's very common:

http://www.rcdb.com/818.htm

c60a0cp800dgd3vsj9tg9l.jpg

Another oddity, kind of along the lines of the mysterious Thai Superman ripoff, is this Intamin racing coaster in Argentina that was completely constructed except for the electronics, so it's been SBNO since 1983:

http://www.rcdb.com/1506.htm

fug19680nh00005h3vsj9t.jpg

This was Intamin's first large-scale steel coaster, as well. They've come a long way.

Whoah that's nuts. I've seen a handful of buildings that have never been completed, but never a ride.

Neat find! That park has a whole load of coasters SBNO, and there is some chance that they may open yet, though it is probably a very small chance.

This park was the subject of a nationally known scandal during the construction and early years of the park. It involved misdeeds under the former military dictatorship and as a result the park was never properly completed. A lawsuit exists between the city and the former owners "Parques Interama, S.A.", which has yet to be resolved. The park is now operated by the city government under the name "Parque de la Ciudad".

They also have a custom Schwarzkopf:

i193k31a61f0g003t2uoh2.jpg

And check out this other Intamin badboy they have:

btdu1f3g003tiuoh23l2cp.jpg

And another:

md5m48gt07p6gceo000ven.jpg

5jq003u2uoh23l1i0a1hrg.jpg

Yeah, Intamin really have come along way since then... They're like them backyard coasters!

ko38h1qg4c30nh0001vdfc.jpg

Aand it looks like they started off with the Vekoma style track...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd8wSp3aiKM&feature=related[/youtube]

Lol...

Sweet Jesus...